Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 alllowercase

Hi, Where was that advertised?

Straight from the horses mouth, also should be in today's New Ross standard if I'm not mistaken.

Centra on the quay are looking for deli staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭dzilla

Are elverys closing down?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭space2ground1

They were open today and putting stock on the rails anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Bodega are looking for part time floor staff

Contact Aneta on 051 844177

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Oskars are looking for a qualified chef to join their team, application with cv to flash@iol.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Buy lo had a sign up on the door looking for someone, was only passing so not sure if its full or part time, or what the exact role is. Just a saw a big sign that said Now Hiring!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaleB91

Any hear back from Stephen Wicked? Just recieved spam emails from him? Its in regard to the e-cig factory and distribution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Kizzles

DaleB91 wrote: »
    Any hear back from Stephen Wicked? Just recieved spam emails from him? Its in regard to the e-cig factory and distribution.

Nah I haven't heard anything but I'm still getting spam emails too

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

no nothing but spam emails as well, the jobs seem to be a load of lies if ya ask me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Olive Tree looking for full and part time waiting staff, experience essential
    Apply to olivetreewaterford@gmail.com

No.59 Hair and Beauty looking for a nail tech and qualified hair stylist

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Same as yourselfs, nothing but spam, sounds like a lot of nonsense tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

I know this is not a job in the city, but Tesco Tramore are recruiting general assistants. Hand CV's in store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Looking for part time job hopefully in mornings or childminding so keeping close eye on this thread :)
    kryogen wrote: »
    Buy lo had a sign up on the door looking for someone, was only passing so not sure if its full or part time, or what the exact role is. Just a saw a big sign that said Now Hiring!

Saw this advertised here are details

Sales Assistant (with Cash office Experience) - BuyLo Waterford

We are looking for motivated, customer service focused people with a passion for retail to join our team!

Our ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;

Sales Assistants (up to 39 hours-Monday- Sunday)
    General Summary
    • At least 2 years retail experience in grocery/hardware.
    • Cash Office Experience
    • A passion for retail.
    • A friendly and confident personality.
    • High customer service standards
    • Stock management and merchandising skills
    • Flexibility regarding working hours/days

If this sounds like you please apply online at http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1384539

drop your CV into the store marked for the attention of Padraic O’Keeffe, Store Manager.
    or email pokeeffe@buylo.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 beatriss

Hi all,

Retail Assistants (14 Positions) wanted for new Iceland store opening in November. Check Fas or Iceland website for more details and how to apply.

Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NaNaNa1

Iceland are also looking for delivery drivers, cleaners and supervisors. Nice to see something opening in town rather then closing shop!

Gamestop in City Square are looking for someone part-time. I didn't catch any other details, just the big "we're hiring" sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

The HUB are looking for part-time bar staff. Email CVs to thehubwaterford@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Iceland opening up beside Buylo, not going into town, everything done and dusted....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

er1983 wrote: »
    Iceland opening up beside Buylo, not going into town, everything done and dusted....

Parking will be huge problem there I reckon. Great to see it opening instead of shops closing!

deisediva wrote: »
    Parking will be huge problem there I reckon. Great to see it opening instead of shops closing!

Not sure it will. As it is there's barely cars in that car park as it is on a daily basis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

I know its not waterford but abbott are taking people on in clonmel, you apply through their website

so healthier smoker are having a creditor meeting, wonder whats goin on behind the scenes http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Healthier-Smoker-Limited-527331

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

so healthier smoker are having a creditor meeting, wonder whats goin on behind the scenes http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Healthier-Smoker-Limited-527331

"Stephen we're still getting feckin' spam from your email address ffs"

Regarding Iceland there's a car park at the back of Buylo that will be used too

"Stephen we're still getting feckin' spam from your email address ffs"
    lol twas all a huge scam if ya ask me, all talk and now receivership!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 Superdude1234

Hi Everyone! I'm planning to hand out loads of CVs for some part time work during college in Waterford. Just wondering is it essential that I wright up cover letters for each business/shop I apply to? And is there any chance of me actually attaining part time work or am I just wasting my time handing out CVs?

Hi Everyone! I'm planning to hand out loads of CVs for some part time work during college in Waterford. Just wondering is it essential that I wright up cover letters for each business/shop I apply to? And is there any chance of me actually attaining part time work or am I just wasting my time handing out CVs?

Hand them in anyway.

Cover letters are not necessary.

Chance your arm asking to talk to the manager or supervisor directly and you can make your first impression by talking to them instead of a cover letter or cv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 Superdude1234

Hand them in anyway.

Cover letters are not necessary.

Chance your arm asking to talk to the manager or supervisor directly and you can make your first impression by talking to them instead of a cover letter or cv.

Thanks for your reply! Do you know any shops etc where I be likely to get part time work? I'm not from Waterford so I don't know too many shops/business in Waterford. :)

Thanks for your reply! Do you know any shops etc where I be likely to get part time work? I'm not from Waterford so I don't know too many shops/business in Waterford. :)

Honestly it could be anywhere, but act quick. Not many places advertising at the moment because everyone knows someone who can fill a spot. Start with where you would like to go, can go, and then do the rest.

If you are applying based off a job listing, tailor and word your CV/Abilities to what they want without just copying and pasting their words. Unless you have a great generic CV, have a different CV for each important job.

Your CV would do well with a professional summary on it. Does away with the need for a cover letter in most instances. "I have x years experience in y. I have great communication skills and am trained and experienced in" and so on and so forth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Fate Amenable To Change

Fast Food places are generally the ebst bet ie.McDonalds who have intakes every few months or so. Eisthec would also be a good bet as they do the same. They might not be taking on anyone now but keep applying until they are.

There aren't many vacancy signs up so one shop is as good as another right now.

Advertisement