Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Most definitely not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Are you implying you need a qualification to work in Iceland? Also if you aren't getting interviews what can really help is writing a good cover letter.

Why are you jumping on the fella?!

He's clearly not implying that, you seem to be the only person who's reading that into his post!

Step away from your keyboard, take a few deep breaths and count to ten!

Why are you jumping on the fella?!

He's clearly not implying that, you seem to be the only person who's reading that into his post!

Step away from your keyboard, take a few deep breaths and count to ten!
    Ah I wasn't jumping on him, I even tried to help him by telling him a good cover letter might help him get employers to respond to his C.V.s. Anyone know when Iceland is opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Where Iceland going opening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Have heard its November seem to be loads of people that have interview's for next week.
    Think they are going in next to Buylo on Cork Road.

Anyone know what's going in where Awear was? Seems to be clearing out stuff from windows from shop next door.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

A few jobs on WLR today

"24 General Operatives needed for an immediate start in Waterford. These are contract positions with a leading global manufacturer of precision products. Previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment is desirable. Good numberical ability and strong communication skills are also a necessity. Applicants should be flexible, committed and results orientated and available for an immediate start. Call Hartley People today on 051 - 878813 or send your CV to recruitment@hartleypeople.com For more information visit their"

http://www.wlrfm.com/jobs/16-manufacturing-team-member-general-operatives.html

"EZ Living Furniture requires senior sales persons both full time and part time, for their Waterford store. Minimum 2 years retail sales experience essential, please send your CV to hr@ezlivinginteriors.com"

http://www.wlrfm.com/jobs/18-senior-sales-persons.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17 marathonpat1

Rigney Dolphin are looking for experienced sales staff asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Ghostbusthat

deisediva wrote: »
    Have heard its November seem to be loads of people that have interview's for next week.
    Think they are going in next to Buylo on Cork Road.

Anyone know what's going in where Awear was? Seems to be clearing out stuff from windows from shop next door.

http://www.peacocks.co.uk are set to open there in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Lads does anybody know of any systems analysis businesses in Waterford. Doing a business systems analysis course and looking to secure a three months work placement next year as part of my course, can't find much online.

Sounds interesting, course any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 fedela

I've just done my leaving cert and next year I will be going to college. So I have a full year of doing nothing for now.

Currently I am trying to get a job but finding it very difficult?

My only work experience is working in a cafe for a month in 2011 and volunteering in a charity shop for a year from July 2012 to July 2013.

I've handed in CV's everywhere I can think.. Into hotels, Penneys and whatnot.. But I don't seem to have enough experience for people to want to hire me!!!

Does anybody know anywhere in the town that's hiring at the moment?
    How or where can I get a job?

Any tips for me please, would be much appreciated

• Advertisement

fedela wrote: »
    I've just done my leaving cert and next year I will be going to college. So I have a full year of doing nothing for now.

Currently I am trying to get a job but finding it very difficult?

My only work experience is working in a cafe for a month in 2011 and volunteering in a charity shop for a year from July 2012 to July 2013.

I've handed in CV's everywhere I can think.. Into hotels, Penneys and whatnot.. But I don't seem to have enough experience for people to want to hire me!!!

Does anybody know anywhere in the town that's hiring at the moment?
    How or where can I get a job?

Any tips for me please, would be much appreciated

Try Hasbro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Saw Dealz in Lisduggan has a sign up looking for staff when I was there last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 fedela

STIG83 wrote: »
    Try Hasbro?

What would they be likely to ask in an interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

Saw Dealz in Lisduggan has a sign up looking for staff when I was there last week.
    i would'nt bother with them if i were you, generally have a high turnover of staff, ya get very little hours oh and they have a thing in there contract that states you cannot work else where while working for dealz, yeah right minimum wage getting on average 20 hrs a week if lucky and can't have another job to earn extra money one word AVOID

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

fedela wrote: »
    What would they be likely to ask in an interview?

they normally begin leaving people off in oct or nov depending how busy they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

christmas staff or what? I know the town one is looking for christmas staff anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

oh and they have a thing in there contract that states you cannot work else where while working for dealz, yeah right minimum wage getting on average 20 hrs a week if lucky and can't have another job to earn extra money one word AVOID

That wasn't the case when I worked for them (granted it was a while ago) I'm not even sure is that legal. I'd imagine they can have that Dealz "come first" In that you have to be available when they need you.

tramoreman wrote: »
    they normally begin leaving people off in oct or nov depending how busy they are.

A good few people started there recently, even yesterday, so why would they leave off people in Oct?
    I was there last year from start of Oct til near Xmas week.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

A good few people started there recently, even yesterday, so why would they leave off people in Oct?

Is there an email to contact them? or is it just drop in a cv

mr.noobie wrote: »
    Is there an email to contact them? or is it just drop in a cv

Drop it in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

ziedth wrote: »
    That wasn't the case when I worked for them (granted it was a while ago) I'm not even sure is that legal. I'd imagine they can have that Dealz "come first" In that you have to be available when they need you.
    yeah its bad form one of there current staff was telling me its in his contract anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

they have done it in the past every year is different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Anyone know if there are any companies looking for softskills trainers? I heard Newlinks are looking but wondered if any businesses are hiring full-time in-house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

My company is hiring a Software Developer in Waterford.

Experience in Java, Groovy/Grails, jQuery an advantage.

PM for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭waterford

Job now available driving Paudies car - week on week off must have a blue shirt, could lead to a job also with Irish Water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I saw that Eishtec are looking for people so I called them to find out were they still hiring and to find out a little about the role and so on. I now have an interview with them tomorrow, that easy!

They are having walk in interviews at some point soon I saw. High turnover of staff I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

kryogen wrote: »
    They are having walk in interviews at some point soon I saw. High turnover of staff I suppose

I heard it's this coming Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AnneSam

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a childminder/babysitter for my toddler son, hours are irregular preferably in our home. PM me for details!

• Advertisement

AnneSam wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm looking for a childminder/babysitter for my toddler son, hours are irregular preferably in our home. PM me for details!

Would vouch for the lady we use for our two, of course she might not suit your hours, but we only need her two days a week. She is not on boards though so can you maybe pm me the details or a number and I can pass it on to her?

Advertisement