Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 nics99

Supposed to be taking on about 80 before May and only around 30 started so far

Good stuff....thanks for the update....that's a positive sign :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    i know plenty that bailed ship due to stressful working conditions, crap money, unsociable working hours and generally being treated like crap. sounds like a dreadful industry to work in.

Its not for everyone that's for sure, I think an inbuilt passion for food helps. Shame that some of the chefs in Waterford are so incredibly thin-skinned when it comes to criticism. They say how strong and resilient they are and then someone makes a point on their business/Facebook page about the food or the service and they practically foam at the mouth in anger. Yes, nobody likes criticism but some of them are just grown babies.

Are there any decent recruitment agencies in and around Waterford? I wont use Hartley People for ethical reasons but if there are any and people have good experiences with them, let me know thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

Are there any decent recruitment agencies in and around Waterford? I wont use Hartley People for ethical reasons but if there are any and people have good experiences with them, let me know thanks.

Can't answer your question as I've had no luck with recruitment agencies ever. But what I've seen highlighted over the weekend was that certain agencies are posting non existing jobs on jobs sites in order to boost their stats. A despicable act I'd it's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

Job going in nypro as an automation engineer if anyone knows anyone looking.

Friend of mine is working there and likes it. Drop me a pm if you want to chat to him about the role.

http://www.irishjobs.ie/Jobs/Automation-Technician-7980891.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

Hi, I'm looking for a kitchen porter full time. Also commis chef / chef de partie part time (full time for a right candidate). PM for more detalis.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BobbieBerto

Carryout Barrack Street looking for part timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

tsoparno wrote: »
    Can't answer your question as I've had no luck with recruitment agencies ever. But what I've seen highlighted over the weekend was that certain agencies are posting non existing jobs on jobs sites in order to boost their stats. A despicable act I'd it's going on.

All agencies do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Cupcake Couture looking for a full time baker

'Full time Baker wanted. Experience preferred but not essential as full training will be given, but a flair/passion for baking is a must. email 📩 cvs to amy@cupcakecouture.ie before Monday 27th March. ( No cvs will be accepted in messenger)'

• Registered Users Posts: 38,271 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Probably in the minority here but why is it so hard too find decent work in Waterford ??

There's only so many rejection letters/non reply's a person can take

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Probably in the minority here but why is it so hard too find decent work in Waterford ??

There's only so many rejection letters/non reply's a person can take

Because there IS NO decent work available in Waterford!

Maybe in 20 years times there might be but move on and out of here as nothing is happening!

Stop waiting for it to turn! I've been there!

Because there IS NO decent work available in Waterford!

Maybe in 20 years times there might be but move on and out of here as nothing is happening!

Stop waiting for it to turn! I've been there!

sadly might be the only way

I could return to college and get a degree but at 27 feel a bit old for that. Its becoming the norm for older people to go back to college due to the economic climate

Id love any sort of full time job but there hens teeth in Waterford atm

hopefully it worked out the best for you

I could return to college and get a degree but at 27 feel a bit old for that. Its becoming the norm for older people to go back to college due to the economic climate

I have a part time job for the last number of years but i dont think it would cut the mustard in years too come. Id love any sort of full time job but there hens teeth in Waterford atm

Look, in my view hanging around here doing a degree is a total waste!
    Move on, find employment elsewhere and then set about getting your degree
    and improving your opportunities for promotion.

Plenty of companies in the Dublin region who are expanding and advertising for employees.
    Don't get stuck in a rut down here. It's only 2 hours up the motorway and if it doesn't work out well at least you can say that you tried!
    You owe yourself at least that!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Id love any sort of full time job but there hens teeth in Waterford atm

you're never too old to go back to education, ive studied with people of pensionable age, its great to see, and older people bring more maturity to a class group. dont rush into it though as its a big commitment and can be very stressful to. make sure you chose something of interest to you, and not necessarily something in which you think will provide better employment opportunities after the fact.

you're never too old to go back to education, ive studied with people of pensionable age, its great to see, and older people bring more maturity to a class group. dont rush into it though as its a big commitment and can be very stressful to. make sure you chose something of interest to you, and not necessarily something in which you think will provide better employment opportunities after the fact.

Doesn't this just say it all!

Doesn't this just say it all!

what do you mean?

what do you mean?

What is it you think I mean?

What course were ye participating in out of curiosity?

What is it you think I mean?

What course were ye participating in out of curiosity?

havent a clue to be honest

ive studied loads of things at this stage, mainly scientific and engineering based, the previous course was environmental science

Look, there can't be too many 27 years olds who want to sit in on a course
    with the average age of the participants averaging the mid-60's.
    At that age you would want to be out, enjoying life, making plans and seeing
    them come to fruition! Not sitting in with a group who have lived their lives and
    who are now just marking time!

https://ie.indeed.com/Dublin-City-Jobs-jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Look, there can't be too many 27 years olds who want to sit in on a course with the average age of the participants averaging the mid-60's. At that age you would want to be out, enjoying life, making plans and seeing them come to fruition! Not sitting in with a group who have lived their lives and who are now just marking time!

****ing hell, pure ignorance.
    What do you think going to college is if its not making plans and watching them come into fruition?
    And the average age of participants is mid 60's really? Have you participated in many part time courses or do you have statistics to back up such a claim?

The knowitallfella is more like it.

• Advertisement

Look, there can't be too many 27 years olds who want to sit in on a course
    with the average age of the participants averaging the mid-60's.
    At that age you would want to be out, enjoying life, making plans and seeing
    them come to fruition! Not sitting in with a group who have lived their lives and
    who are now just marking time!

https://ie.indeed.com/Dublin-City-Jobs-jobs

Wow, looks like you have life all planned out eh? Only one chance to go to college and even then it must be with people your own age eh...
    I'm considering doing a Masters in college in 2018 and I will be in my 40s then. plus a lot of the people doing the course will be retired or in their 50s.

That probably blows your mind so ill be sure to come back here and seek your approval when the time comes.

Wow, looks like you have life all planned out eh? Only one chance to go to college and even then it must be with people your own age eh...
    I'm considering doing a Masters in college in 2018 and I will be in my 40s then. plus a lot of the people doing the course will be retired or in their 50s.

That probably blows your mind so ill be sure to come back here and seek your approval when the time comes.

Left college with my qualification when I was 24 (higher cert tourism WIT) but circumstances changed at home and I didn't go on and do the degree course. Was in courses with people of all ages

I'd rather be in a course with older people than hungover 18/19 year olds

Anyway the job scene in Waterford is scare ATM but hopefully it will improve with the new developments

Left college with my qualification when I was 24 (higher cert tourism WIT) but circumstances changed at home and I didn't go on and do the degree course. Was in courses with people of all ages

I'd rather be in a course with older people than hungover 18/19 year olds

Anyway the job scene in Waterford is scare ATM but hopefully it will improve with the new developments

Can you do a level 8 in Tourism out of interest? No particular reason for asking by the way, just curious. :)

Can you do a level 8 in Tourism out of interest? No particular reason for asking by the way, just curious. :)

yeah its Tourism Marketing (hon degree)

i can go into year 2 of the course as i have the higher cert

Jobs are scare in that industry atm or most of them are CE schemes/jobs bridge

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭Sosurface

Sign up in the window of Kneisels. Looking someone to clean the sh*te out of the cuckoo clocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Schivo on the Cork Road (old AOL building) are looking for CNC machinists. I know someone working there and studying part time for an engineering degree all through the company and is very happy there.

Can't post link but look on schivo group. com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭Sosurface

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Schivo on the Cork Road (old AOL building) are looking for CNC machinists. I know someone working there and studying part time for an engineering degree all through the company and is very happy there.

Can't post link but look on schivo group. com
    Disaster of a place. Gauranteed they'll pay bare minimum and squeeze every bit of work out.

Sosurface wrote: »
    Disaster of a place. Gauranteed they'll pay bare minimum and squeeze every bit of work out.

i havent heard great things about them either but i guess its all relative

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Wanderer78 wrote:
    i havent heard great things about them either but i guess its all relative

It sure is, person I know working there was in an awful job before this and is very happy working there now. No where is perfect!

• Advertisement

Has anyone every worked in KelTech? A friend of mine who has manufacturing experience is looking for a job that name came up. I have heard mixed reviews..

Advertisement