Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Has anyone every worked in KelTech? A friend of mine who has manufacturing experience is looking for a job that name came up. I have heard mixed reviews..

It goes 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, Keltech, 7th circle of hell.
    Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Has anyone every worked in KelTech? A friend of mine who has manufacturing experience is looking for a job that name came up. I have heard mixed reviews..

run, serious run! ive heard terrible things about that place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

Is there anywhere in Waterford that you don't get told to stay away . No wonder unemployment rates are high.

I listened to everyone on this thread telling me to stay away from Eishtec until one day i took the plunge. I ended up working there for over a year and it was absolutely fine. A jobs a job at the end of the day and if you don't like it you can give it up or change the job.

Beats sitting and scratching your arse

deadybai wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in Waterford that you don't get told to stay away . No wonder unemployment rates are high.

I listened to everyone on this thread telling me to stay away from Eishtec until one day i took the plunge. I ended up working there for over a year and it was absolutely fine. A jobs a job at the end of the day and if you don't like it you can give it up or change the job.

its a fair point but i have heard horror stories from some places mentioned on this thread. i know people that ran from eishtec and i also know somebody thats been there since it opened, and doesnt mind it at all. it truly is all relative, but there are many dreadful jobs and employers out there. ive seen people become very unhappy even depressed in some of these jobs, strangely some are better off being unemployed than being in these jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I think it's useful to get all types of feedback.
    I have worked in Eishtec and absolutely hated the place (for the reasons stated in this thread).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    run, serious run! ive heard terrible things about that place

Can you elaborate? Bad wages? Bosses? Hours etc? I would just like to know a bit of background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Can you elaborate? Bad wages? Bosses? Hours etc? I would just like to know a bit of background.

No overtime,no bonuses,working 50+ hours a week to earn a livable wage,they are just some of the things ive heard about the place.

No overtime,no bonuses,working 50+ hours a week to earn a livable wage,they are just some of the things ive heard about the place.

i can also confirm this

Fair enough I may scratch that off the list. Its probably a family owned business. From my experience such businesses are horrible and the people treat you like sh!t.

Fair enough I may scratch that off the list. Its probably a family owned business. From my experience such businesses are horrible and the people treat you like sh!t.

It is a family run business they guy who owns it his son is the rally champion Craig Breen

• Advertisement

It is a family run business they guy who owns it his son is the rally champion Craig Breen

They must be running the business into the ground then.

They must be running the business into the ground then.

I dont know to be honest but its one of those places that has a high turnover of staff,bausch & lomb are still hiring so it might be worth your while to send a cv in there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

I dont know to be honest but its one of those places that has a high turnover of staff,bausch & lomb are still hiring so it might be worth your while to send a cv in there

How do you apply for Bausch and Lomb? Is it walk in job or is there any where online? And would it be better to give it to someone who works there, if you have to hand a cv in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

How do you apply for Bausch and Lomb? Is it walk in job or is there any where online? And would it be better to give it to someone who works there, if you have to hand a cv in?

hand cv into reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭johnsparkexile

Since 1st Jan, there only accepting cv's by email. Here's the address.

recruit.waterford@bausch.com

dzilla wrote: »
    hand cv into reception.

Only accepting CV's by email now if you hand one into reception you will be told to bring it home with you

• Registered Users Posts: 41 afee_wils2011

You will be working 50+ hours a week for minimum wage. No shift pay. No OT pay. Not a nice place to work. Speaking from experience......:mad::mad::mad:

You will be working 50+ hours a week for minimum wage. No shift pay. No OT pay. Not a nice place to work. Speaking from experience......:mad::mad::mad:

That's a few people now who are after saying its a crap place. And the mad thing is they seem to have a HR department because you see the odd ad from them saying to send CV in to HR Department. Obviously they don't care how badly the place is run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    its a fair point but i have heard horror stories from some places mentioned on this thread. i know people that ran from eishtec and i also know somebody thats been there since it opened, and doesnt mind it at all. it truly is all relative, but there are many dreadful jobs and employers out there. ive seen people become very unhappy even depressed in some of these jobs, strangely some are better off being unemployed than being in these jobs.

Fair comment,I would add ....some possibly bad employers, true, decent chance some useless employees too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭Sosurface

Max Powers wrote: »
    Fair comment,I would add ....some possibly bad employers, true, decent chance some useless employees too.
    You just are the epitome of a wanker arent you Max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Sosurface wrote: »
    You just are the epitome of a wanker arent you Max.

As usual, in the absence of anything intelligent to say, just go with negativity or in this case just go abusive.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

SoSurface, please refrain from personal abuse, you've been issued with a 7 day ban btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Gerry Conlon!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,383 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hopefully jobs will be around when these new developments open

I always see jobs in phone shops advertised but never get a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Not in Waterford but might be of use to some Qatar Airways are recruiting cabin crew in Dublin

http://careers.qatarairways.com/qatarairways/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyID=124397&CID=SMALL334280

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Not in Waterford but might be of use to some Qatar Airways are recruiting cabin crew in Dublin

http://careers.qatarairways.com/qatarairways/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyID=124397&CID=SMALL334280

Loads of work in Dublin if the people were bothered looking for it!
    Train load of people travel from Sligo everyday to work in Dublin!
    I think we're too fussy! :cool:

Loads of work in Dublin if the people were bothered looking for it!
    Train load of people travel from Sligo everyday to work in Dublin!
    I think we're too fussy! :cool:

You'd have to be in a fairly good job to afford the train up and down every day. Its fairly expensive way of commuting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

You'd have to be in a fairly good job to afford the train up and down every day. Its fairly expensive way of commuting.

A daily return is €20 which is a good fare considering your crossing the breath of the country and I'm sure a monthly pass would be more economical.
    I know it's a long haul but it beats sitting on your ass waiting for something to happen!

• Advertisement

A daily return is €20 which is a good fare considering your crossing the breath of the country and I'm sure a monthly pass would be more economical.
    I know it's a long haul but it beats sitting on your ass waiting for something to happen!

A daily return is 20?

Advertisement