Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

tsoparno wrote: »
    I think Nearform in Tramore had some kind of internship thing going there lately

It's paid employment the guy was looking for! Not employment abuse!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Shalashaska

Anyone know any places looking for graduate software developers?

Have you made an application to SE2 recently? I'll be starting an analyst role out there on Monday. AFAIK, they are meant to be looking for a lot of people in the next 2 years so you could have a decent chance out there. Waterford is pretty hard to get work in this field even for people with a few years experience under their belt.

http://www.irishjobs.ie/ShowResults.aspx?Keywords=software+developer&Location=0&Category=&Recruiter=Company&Recruiter=Agency&cid=SEAdvert_Google_Search_EN_SEC-A-IT-Exact-Desktop-NV_c_software-developer_jobs%20software%20developer_RL_-_-&gclid=CISl9qT929QCFW-17QodvPsDgg

Not exactly Waterford but if you've gone to all that bother to get yourself a qualification and look no further the county borders its been a total waste of time for you........in my opinion! Shape up and ship out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Anyone here familiar with the company Pelican Rouge, apparently they look after vending machines and coffee machines in retail outlets like B&Q, Homebase, and some offices. A friend of mine has been offered a position with them but he hasn't heard of them and nor have I to be honest. The area which he has been offered is the South East region, based out of Waterford.

This may be an 'independent contractor' type position. Where you have to be self employed but only have 1 client.

I may be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 sazz26

anyone know of any places taking on warehouse/general/production operatives in waterford city? just moved with my boyfriend and he's looking for something along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

Burzza is looking for a Kitchen Porter to start from middle of September. 40hrs, minimum wage plus fair tips share. free meals on duty.

Experience necessary.

Contact restaurant or PM me.

sazz26 wrote: »
    anyone know of any places taking on warehouse/general/production operatives in waterford city? just moved with my boyfriend and he's looking for something along those lines.

Store-All are advertising!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

City square Facebook....chopped restaurant looking for staff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jimbo1979

Carpentry services available.20 years experience in roofing,1st and 2nd fixing,floors,doors,skirting,architraves,decking and kitchens.pm me if interested.cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hotshot88

Anyone know of any IT roles going round Waterford?
    Full or part time
    Also if anyone knows of any paid or unpaid IT internships or temp roles?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

hotshot88 wrote: »
    Full or part time

Access IT are lookin for a part time IT tutor https://www.jobsireland.ie/#/id=2065477

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭manor

hotshot88 wrote: »
    Full or part time
    My company is looking for a SAP data administration person, also need forklift drivers/pickers. These positions are in Gorebridge Co Killenny. Interviews this week. PM for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

manor wrote: »
    My company is looking for a SAP data administration person, also need forklift drivers/pickers. These positions are in Gorebridge Co Killenny. Interviews this week. PM for details.

sap, 'the horror'!:D thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

Does anybody have an email address for HR in West Pharmaceuticals? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38,271 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Range was looking for retail staff- email CV to Carlowmanager@therange.co.uk

Dawn Meats are holding an open recruitment day on tomorrow the 27th March in Dooley's Hotel, Waterford from 10am to 5pm. Register your interest to attend email hrgrannagh@dawnmeats.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Does anyone know if there are any entry level admin jobs or receptionist jobs going, or a contact centre? 2 years customer service experience.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Does anyone know if there are any entry level admin jobs or receptionist jobs going, or a contact centre? 2 years customer service experience.

Eishtec have some vacancies

Eishtec have some vacancies

:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

:eek::eek::eek:

imo the only people that have ever hated Eishtec weren't able for a hard days work :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

imo the only people that have ever hated Eishtec weren't able for a hard days work :pac:

Nope. Three friends of mine have worked there for periods of between 6 months and a year, three very hard working friends I may add, and it was without doubt the worst, most toxic workplace they had ever ever worked in. Little jumped up Hitlers of team leaders, usually 25 yr old guys on 12 euros an hour, shouting at employees, timing toilet breaks, refusing reasonable requests for holidays and generally treating people like absolute crap.

Theres a reason the place has an awful reputation and that's because its a sh!thole.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Theres a reason the place has an awful reputation and that's because its a sh!thole.

I'm sorry now I suggested Eishtec after hearing that :)
    On the flip side I have a friend who works in sales there and loves it , she is making great money on commission there so maybe it depends what department you're in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I'm sorry now I suggested Eishtec after hearing that :)
    On the flip side I have a friend who works in sales there and loves it , she is making great money on commission there so maybe it depends what department you're in there.

i know many that have passed through the place, mostly very bad stories but i do know somebody thats there more or less since it opened, and loves it. it largely seems like a dreadful place to work

• Registered Users Posts: 13 poisonous

Hi, anyone knows of any full time jobs going around?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

Nope. Three friends of mine have worked there for periods of between 6 months and a year, three very hard working friends I may add, and it was without doubt the worst, most toxic workplace they had ever ever worked in. Little jumped up Hitlers of team leaders, usually 25 yr old guys on 12 euros an hour, shouting at employees, timing toilet breaks, refusing reasonable requests for holidays and generally treating people like absolute crap.

There are female team leaders too, not just guys. So your "3 friends" are obviously wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

BazBox wrote: »
    There are female team leaders too, not just guys. So your "3 friends" are obviously wrong.

Get in there my son!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

This thread is regarding jobs in Waterford. That there are more jobs in Dublin is irrelevant & off-topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

BazBox wrote: »

Oh right, I must have got it absolutely and completely wrong then. I know them all my life, have even worked with 2 of them at one stage, we meet up fairly regularly and they all say the same thing about Eisthec- horrible toxic place to work where the order of the day is to browbeat everyone down and refuse holidays, bully, snigger and laugh at other people and generally make your whole experience from start to finish miserable.
    But I guess the fact that I didn't mention that female team leaders exist too makes all their statements about the place null and void. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Oh right, I must have got it absolutely and completely wrong then. I know them all my life, have even worked with 2 of them at one stage, we meet up fairly regularly and they all say the same thing about Eisthec- horrible toxic place to work where the order of the day is to browbeat everyone down and refuse holidays, bully, snigger and laugh at other people and generally make your whole experience from start to finish miserable.
    But I guess the fact that I didn't mention that female team leaders exist too makes all their statements about the place null and void. :rolleyes:

I suspect these three friends are making disingenuous statements and may themselves be somewhat far from model employees.

Advertisement