Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I suspect these three friends are making disingenuous statements and may themselves be somewhat far from model employees.

What on earth would make you come to that conclusion? Do you work there?

I know its the internet and anyone can say anything but I have no reason whatsoever to make this up and my mates have now moved on to proper jobs where your skills and time are respected instead of the people who run Eisthec. You don't have to believe me, that's up to you of course but I certainly would believe them because I know they are not bad workers. And of course you have the fact that the dogs on the street know how bad the place is. Plus of course the dozens and dozens of reviews on GlassDoor.

But you are entitled to your opinion, I'm not going to fight with anyone over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

What on earth would make you come to that conclusion? Do you work there?

I know its the internet and anyone can say anything but I have no reason whatsoever to make this up and my mates have now moved on to proper jobs where your skills and time are respected instead of the people who run Eisthec. You don't have to believe me, that's up to you of course but I certainly would believe them because I know they are not bad workers. And of course you have the fact that the dogs on the street know how bad the place is. Plus of course the dozens and dozens of reviews on GlassDoor.

But you are entitled to your opinion, I'm not going to fight with anyone over that.

And did you consider your friends not to have a proper job because they worked in Eishtec? Glad to hear they are now proper employees and not the vegetables that must work in Eishtec. Stay Clear People!!

BazBox wrote: »
    And did you consider your friends not to have a proper job because they worked in Eishtec? Glad to hear they are now proper employees and not the vegetables that must work in Eishtec. Stay Clear People!!

I think when he said 'proper jobs' he meant they probably moved on to jobs that are not call center jobs maybe?

I'm sure most people working Eistech are hoping to move on to better, more stable and better paid jobs in the future? Working in a call center is a great way to get experience for sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,271 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Turas Nua say there's plenty of opportunities in Waterford

Considering options myself, I'm not getting any younger and have to move on from retail soon. Hopefully Waterford will improve with all the new developments and stuff

One area in Waterford which is hard to get into is Bar/hotel work. Every job you have to have 'experience'. All in all there perfectly right to get experienced people but it's not rocket science and give newbies a chance to learn on the job

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

PTH2009 wrote: »

Considering options myself, I'm not getting any younger and have to move on from retail soon. Hopefully Waterford will improve with all the new developments and stuff

One area in Waterford which is hard to get into is Bar/hotel work. Every job you have to have 'experience'. All in all there perfectly right to get experienced people but it's not rocket science and give newbies a chance to learn on the job

Completely agree with this. Had awful trouble getting jobs in bars a few years back, reckon every bar/nightclub had my CV at one stage and even with some bar experience, most places would only give me a chance as a bar back, which unfortunately if you're good at, you seem to get stuck with it.

In saying that, it wasnt unusual for girls to get put on the bar the first night, sexism aye :pac:

• Advertisement

I’d always advise everyone to go and get as much computer skills as possible. I’m not saying that everyone has to work in tech but by gaining good IT skills you are opening a lot of doors.

IT is important in a lot of industries these days. You don’t want to move on from retail work to bar work do you? Bar work isn’t much better paid than retail work and can potentially have much worse hours. Why not try gain some kind of office job?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 wolf321

Try and avoid Eisthec and all the other call center drone jobs as much as possible. I did a 6 month fixed term contract in Rigneydolphin straight out of college and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. Ridiculous call targets, given out to if you were 20 seconds late coming back from your break and systems that would constantly crash. .

Going on welfare and getting a decent job bridge which got me into the financial industry was my savior. I'm now up in Dublin in junior management for a large investment bank. I know moving up to Dublin might not be available for everyone, but people who say they enjoy working in a call center are just lying to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 poisonous

wolf321 wrote: »
    Try and avoid Eisthec and all the other call center drone jobs as much as possible. I did a 6 month fixed term contract in Rigneydolphin straight out of college and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. Ridiculous call targets, given out to if you were 20 seconds late coming back from your break and systems that would constantly crash. .

Going on welfare and getting a decent job bridge which got me into the financial industry was my savior. I'm now up in Dublin in junior management for a large investment bank. I know moving up to Dublin might not be available for everyone, but people who say they enjoy working in a call center are just lying to themselves.

I dont want Eishtec, boyfriend worked there last summer and he hated it... there are no jobs in my field in Waterford and I dont want to go to Dublin yet, waiting for boyfriend to finish college and we'd like to go abroad so Im just looking for a filler job I guess until that happens... Applied for loads of jobs so hopefully I'll get one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Rigneydolphin are hiring 10-15 customer service representatives, I applied, had an interview the other day. I do think out of all the call centres thats the one I've heard less negativity about.

It will be my first job like it, I've only worked in restaurants for the last few years, so I was even shocked at how structured and set the interview was, being used to waitress/chef interviews where it's often just a quick friendly chat..

I am looking forward to the 9-5, no weekends thing, and Imo anything at the moment could be better than working as a chef which I found myself dreading everyday!... hopefully it goes well, if i do get it that is

• Registered Users Posts: 13 wolf321

poisonous wrote: »
    I dont want Eishtec, boyfriend worked there last summer and he hated it... there are no jobs in my field in Waterford and I dont want to go to Dublin yet, waiting for boyfriend to finish college and we'd like to go abroad so Im just looking for a filler job I guess until that happens... Applied for loads of jobs so hopefully I'll get one :)

Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Rigneydolphin are hiring 10-15 customer service representatives, I applied, had an interview the other day. I do think out of all the call centres thats the one I've heard less negativity about.

It will be my first job like it, I've only worked in restaurants for the last few years, so I was even shocked at how structured and set the interview was, being used to waitress/chef interviews where it's often just a quick friendly chat..

I am looking forward to the 9-5, no weekends thing, and Imo anything at the moment could be better than working as a chef which I found myself dreading everyday!... hopefully it goes well, if i do get it that is

best of luck, ive met many that have worked in the restaurant sector, sounds dreadful, most ran from it for the same reasons as yourself

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    best of luck, ive met many that have worked in the restaurant sector, sounds dreadful, most ran from it for the same reasons as yourself

Main reasons being you go to work when people go home, if I stayed in the industry I’d be kissing goodbye to every night, weekend and holiday. For the same pay why not get a job that you work Monday to Friday 9-5!

Was bacisally told by turas nua that u haven't a hope of getting a job in Hasbro, B&L and General op factories unless u have family or friends working there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Whoever told you that doesn't know what they are talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Was bacisally told by turas nua that u haven't a hope of getting a job in Hasbro, B&L and General op factories unless u have family or friends working there

The Irish Mafia!! It's all about who you know and not what you know!! :D

by any chance do turas nua not get any sort of commission from such businesses? get cracking with contacting these businesses directly and indirectly, you could be in luck, good money in some of them

by any chance do turas nua not get any sort of commission from such businesses? get cracking with contacting these businesses directly and indirectly, you could be in luck, good money in some of them

Turas Nua seem to like trying to get people into a place that starts with an E and ends with a C

Turas Nua seem to like trying to get people into a place that starts with an E and ends with a C

eishtec, say it, we re all aware of how bad of an employer they are, so say it, and feel not guilt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Stay the hell away from Eisthec. Some companies in Waterford are so bad that they have to recruit outside of Waterford the name is that bad.

Just seen this on facebook might be of interest to some
    Curran Foods are recruiting...
    Warehouse operative/Multidrop Delivery Driver, must have minimum of Full Clean B Licence but preferably C with Valid CPC Card.
    Please email CV to info@curranfoods.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭timmiekp

Looking for evening work and weekend work around the city willing to put my hand at anything if anyone knows of anything. Have a Psa liecene safe pass etc

timmiekp wrote: »
    Looking for evening work and weekend work around the city willing to put my hand at anything if anyone knows of anything. Have a Psa liecene safe pass etc

Not in the city but down New Ross if you're willing to travel

https://www.jobalert.ie/job/weekend-staff-wexford/

Boots looking for 2 sale assistants 20 hour contract.

Regatta outdoor clothing shop seeking a 10 hour sales assistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JourneyMan8

turas nua tried to get commission from my new job so badly they almost got me sacked haha constantly ringing the company phone and emailing to ask was i working there, even going as far as getting personal emails of employee's i worked with(they had nothing to do with getting me that job and boss didn't want them getting any commission because of this) - told them i was reporting them and it quickly stopped. they started bringing out legal stuff to my employer saying they couldn't hold back this info haha they are proper parasites.

turas nua tried to get commission from my new job so badly they almost got me sacked haha constantly ringing the company phone and emailing to ask was i working there, even going as far as getting personal emails of employee's i worked with(they had nothing to do with getting me that job and boss didn't want them getting any commission because of this) - told them i was reporting them and it quickly stopped. they started bringing out legal stuff to my employer saying they couldn't hold back this info haha they are proper parasites.

with the implementation of gdpr, i suspect theres a nice few cases there against turas nua

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

The Irish Mafia!! It's all about who you know and not what you know!! :D

Thats true about Waterford (Im not from waterford) but not Hasbro. I worked there last year. No one starting with me knew people there. Its quite a friendly place although the work was only temporary and not full time.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

Does anybody know what the shift pattern is in West Pharmaceuticals?

Current job advert says 2/3/4 shift pattern but it's not clear to me what that means.

Any other feedback on working conditions and pay with West would be welcome.

Tarzann wrote: »

Current job advert says 2/3/4 shift pattern but it's not clear to me what that means.

2 shift is eight hour morning and evening shift,3 shift is eight hour morning evening and night shift,4 shift is 12 hour day shift and 12 hour night shift,im not fully sure but i heard west are on the two shift pattern at the moment,and i would assume thats just starting off they would most likely be moving to 3 shifts then eventually 4 shifts.

Tarzann wrote: »

2 shift is eight hour morning and evening shift,3 shift is eight hour morning evening and night shift,4 shift is 12 hour day shift and 12 hour night shift,im not fully sure but i heard west are on the two shift pattern at the moment,and i would assume thats just starting off they would most likely be moving to 3 shifts then eventually 4 shifts.

mooseknunkle is spot on there, 2 shift is normally 6am - 2pm, 2pm - 10pm. 3 shift is normally 6am - 2pm, 2pm - 10pm, 10pm - 6am. 4 shift is normally 6am - 6pm, 6pm - 6am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

mooseknunkle is spot on there, 2 shift is normally 6am - 2pm, 2pm - 10pm. 3 shift is normally 6am - 2pm, 2pm - 10pm, 10pm - 6am. 4 shift is normally 6am - 6pm, 6pm - 6am.

I'm guessing 3 shift is Mon-Fri and 4 shift something like I'm doing at the minute. Week 1 in Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat & Sun. Week 2 in Weds & Thurs off the rest?

Advertisement