Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,712 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

gscully wrote: »
    Only one shift I'm afraid and that is to cater for US customers. 1pm to 9:30pm. You get US holidays and work Irish holidays.

is there less us holidays than irish ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    is there less us holidays than irish ones?

Nine each.

NYD
    Patrick's Day
    Easter Monday
    May BH
    Jun BH
    Aug BH
    Oct BH
    Christmas
    Stephen's Day

NYD
    MLK Day
    Washington's Birthday
    Good Friday
    Memorial Day
    Independence Day
    Labor Day
    Thanksgiving
    Christmas Day

You can drink ALL day on Good Friday :)

gscully wrote:
    You can drink ALL day on Good Friday

What happens if you don't drink, and would rather spend your Irish holidays with loved ones?

What happens if you don't drink, and would rather spend your Irish holidays with loved ones?

You have 20+ annual leave days to play with...

gscully wrote:
    You have 20+ annual leave days to play with...

So you must use up your other leave days, just so you can have some time off when others are off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tobey

So you must use up your other leave days, just so you can have some time off when others are off

i work as a chef and i'm never off any public holidays here or in america. who's needs every weeks off most people, family included, are **** anyway. i enjoy when your all in work on Monday's and i'm off

tobey wrote: »
    i work as a chef and i'm never off any public holidays here or in america. who's needs every weeks off most people, family included, are **** anyway. i enjoy when your all in work on Monday's and i'm off

every chef ive met has eventually ran from the industry, dreadful pay and conditions generally cited, particularly regarding unsociable hours that makes it impossible to run a home with kids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

every chef ive met has eventually ran from the industry, dreadful pay and conditions generally cited, particularly regarding unsociable hours that makes it impossible to run a home with kids

I went to college and started working in kitchens as a commi chef 2 years ago and quit already. A great job that taught me genuine hard work and discipline but absolutely horrible hours and **** pay.

Ieft completely not worth it. I always say ill go back when i have no friends and no partner hah

And holidays? No such thing. I remember working last year on paddys day 10 hour shift and the only break i got was 5 minute fag break late into the evening. The reality for most chefs

• Registered Users Posts: 49 OldBoro

I went to college and started working in kitchens as a commi chef 2 years ago and quit already. A great job that taught me genuine hard work and discipline but absolutely horrible hours and **** pay.

Ieft completely not worth it. I always say ill go back when i have no friends and no partner hah

And holidays? No such thing. I remember working last year on paddys day 10 hour shift and the only break i got was 5 minute fag break late into the evening. The reality for most chefs

Folks if your a chef there is a different way check out the Dungarvan based www.phoneachef.ie

Well compensated for the hours you work with this crowd.

That's up to the individual, but anyone I've spoken to doesn't have a problem with it and often find it's nicer to be off when everyone else isn't.

I'm sure that there are plenty out there who would happily accept having to work US business hours if it meant them getting a foot on the ladder and the prospect of being able to advance to an IT role (Irish hours & holidays). The unsociable hours need not be permanent.

There are some great benefits too. We pay 5% salary into pension and the company pays 6%. 75% of our Laya subscription is paid by the company - family included. Gym membership to the value of €250 which basically equates to free membership to the likes of WIT Arena down the road.

Other than wardrobe assistant at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, there are no perfect jobs out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

The Manicure Company in Cleaboy Road are looking for an Order processing Team Member.

The role will involve:
    - Picking and packing of website and wholesale orders
    - Stock control and maintenance
    - Managing and processing orders through multiple online systems
    - Working with a team to complete tasks
    - General warehouse duties

Hours of operation are 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday. The position is full time 39 hours per week.
    Remuneration is €10.00 per hour starting.

Please apply at https://waterfordjobs.ie/job/13997523/order-processing-team-member

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Vangoghslow

Hi guys, I have applied to the usual places, call centres, Bausch & Lomb etc. I haven't heard anything back in the last month. I am an artist by trade but I need a steadier income. I'm just looking for any entry level positions going in Waterford City. Is there any companies hiring now that I may have missed?

Any help/advice welcome. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Hi guys, I have applied to the usual places, call centres, Bausch & Lomb etc. I haven't heard anything back in the last month. I am an artist by trade but I need a steadier income. I'm just looking for any entry level positions going in Waterford City. Is there any companies hiring now that I may have missed?

Any help/advice welcome. Thanks.

Another call centre Rigney Dolphin. Probably the best one in terms of morale and hours! 9-5 monday to friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Another call centre Rigney Dolphin. Probably the best one in terms of morale and hours! 9-5 monday to friday

Emerald have also opened their new call centre up behind confederation house. They could be worth a shout aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Busy Solicitor’s Office in Waterford City require an experienced Legal Secretary. Audio typing essential. Reception Duties, Excellent customer service skills required. Apply with C.V. & Cover Letter.

To apply please visit https://waterfordjobs.ie/job/14018798/legal-secretary

• Registered Users Posts: 17 marathonpat1

Hi I have a role that needs to be filled quickly for a French speaking role in IT if interested private message me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What would the Dexterity test initial in cartamundi ???

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What would the Dexterity test initial in cartamundi ???

no idea, but i suspect you ll be grand, best of luck with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

no idea, but i suspect you ll be grand, best of luck with it

Wont be applying this time but just wanted too look into it so I have an idea for next time I I apply

• Advertisement

Sanofi looking manufacturing ops

heard theyre a nice company to work for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

heard theyre a nice company to work for

Heard the same myself plus a full gym on site too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 Tallcarrie

West Waterford Festival of Food recruiting full time CEO in Dungarvan - full details here https://www.westwaterfordfestivaloffood.com/files/CEO-Job-Description.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Jobs fair this weekend, 1500 people expected many from the big smoke looking to "downshift". Crystal Valley Tech initiative.

https://twitter.com/CrystalValleySE/status/1151151982100570112

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭Snorlaxx

This is the most recent news I can find on Woodbrook from May

https://waterford-news.ie/2019/05/24/woodbrook-ceo-has-confidence-in-waterford/

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Vladi_

Hi everyone! 😊 I'm here looking for a piece of advice frome someone who might have more inside information. Kind of like desperate times, desperate measures already. :( I'm looking for a job in Waterford for last 6 months. I had 9 interviews and (and I'm the queen of self critism) most of them went really well. Still nothing. Would you know if the fact that I live in Dublin and would have to move might be off putting for the employers? Or 4 weeks notice period? I'm not even picky and really just want to move. 😭 Thanks

• Advertisement

Vladi_ wrote: »
    Hi everyone! �� I'm here looking for a piece of advice frome someone who might have more inside information. Kind of like desperate times, desperate measures already. :( I'm looking for a job in Waterford for last 6 months. I had 9 interviews and (and I'm the queen of self critism) most of them went really well. Still nothing. Would you know if the fact that I live in Dublin and would have to move might be off putting for the employers? Or 4 weeks notice period? I'm not even picky and really just want to move. �� Thanks

It shouldn't matter. I know in the IT sector, there is a drive to attract talent from Dublin to the South East. Any employer should be happy that someone is willing to relocate here as there is less chance of them leaving their new job in the short-term.

Four weeks notice is pretty standard too, so I doubt that's a problem either.

Hopefully you'll have better luck soon.

Advertisement