Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Vladi_

gscully wrote: »
    It shouldn't matter. I know in the IT sector, there is a drive to attract talent from Dublin to the South East. Any employer should be happy that someone is willing to relocate here as there is less chance of them leaving their new job in the short-term.

Four weeks notice is pretty standard too, so I doubt that's a problem either.

Hopefully you'll have better luck soon.

I think it's bit different with IT. I'm just a retail manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭914

Vladi_ wrote: »
    Hi everyone! 😊 I'm here looking for a piece of advice frome someone who might have more inside information. Kind of like desperate times, desperate measures already. :( I'm looking for a job in Waterford for last 6 months. I had 9 interviews and (and I'm the queen of self critism) most of them went really well. Still nothing. Would you know if the fact that I live in Dublin and would have to move might be off putting for the employers? Or 4 weeks notice period? I'm not even picky and really just want to move. 😭 Thanks

Have you asked for feedback on your applications/interviews?

This could be beneficial on finding out why you have not been successful

914 wrote: »
    Have you asked for feedback on your applications/interviews?

This could be beneficial on finding out why you have not been successful

I have. Useful feedback is very hard to get. It's either generic or none. I'd love to get a proper one so I at least know what's the issue. I have also worked a lot on my interview skills and I'm hiring loads of people myself so they are something I know a lot about. Also I never had a problem getting a job in Dublin even though the competition here is bigger. For some of the jobs I've applied I think I might have too much experience so they don't even call me though personally I don't have a problem with starting from lower position again just to be able to move. Seem like mission impossible at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Hi everyone! �� I'm here looking for a piece of advice frome someone who might have more inside information. Kind of like desperate times, desperate measures already. :( I'm looking for a job in Waterford for last 6 months. I had 9 interviews and (and I'm the queen of self critism) most of them went really well. Still nothing. Would you know if the fact that I live in Dublin and would have to move might be off putting for the employers? Or 4 weeks notice period? I'm not even picky and really just want to move. �� Thanks

What sort of roles are you applying for?

robtri wrote: »
    What sort of roles are you applying for?

Store manager/assistant manager/supervisor, hotel duty manager/bar manger, receptionist, office admin, hr admin, I've even tried call centres.
    My current job is a duty manager in the cinema which is a combination of retail and hospitality and I'm also in charge of the entire HR and I have some previous experience as office admin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 babelavante

Hi everyone! �� I'm here looking for a piece of advice frome someone who might have more inside information. Kind of like desperate times, desperate measures already. :( I'm looking for a job in Waterford for last 6 months. I had 9 interviews and (and I'm the queen of self critism) most of them went really well. Still nothing. Would you know if the fact that I live in Dublin and would have to move might be off putting for the employers? Or 4 weeks notice period? I'm not even picky and really just want to move. �� Thanks

Hi Vladi, I am in the exact same position as you. I am working in Dublin but have been applying for jobs in Waterford since May. I have had 7 or 8 interviews, all went pretty well but no luck. I think I am just going to bite the bullet and move down with no job because I feel like living in Dublin is ultimately what is holding me back.

Best of luck with finding a job!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Snorlaxx

Store manager/assistant manager/supervisor, hotel duty manager/bar manger, receptionist, office admin, hr admin, I've even tried call centres.
    My current job is a duty manager in the cinema which is a combination of retail and hospitality and I'm also in charge of the entire HR and I have some previous experience as office admin.

if your willing to travel daily, there's plenty of admin jobs in Kilkenny in VHI, Taxback, BOI and State Street

Snorlaxx wrote: »
    if your willing to travel daily, there's plenty of admin jobs in Kilkenny in VHI, Taxback, BOI and State Street
    I'll try even that... Though my experience is much wider in retail management. But just got a "no" after my 10th interview. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Rigney Dolphin are hiring again for HSE Help line Customer Service Representatives. Monday to Friday. All weekends off, bank Holidays off paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Rigney Dolphin are hiring again for HSE Help line Customer Service Representatives. Monday to Friday. All weekends off, bank Holidays off paid.
    Where do you apply?

• Advertisement

Haven't seen the ad for that anywhere including their web page. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Hi Vladi, I am in the exact same position as you. I am working in Dublin but have been applying for jobs in Waterford since May. I have had 7 or 8 interviews, all went pretty well but no luck. I think I am just going to bite the bullet and move down with no job because I feel like living in Dublin is ultimately what is holding me back.

Best of luck with finding a job!

Full Time Night Porter in the Viking Hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Three jobs available commission only based ,pm me

Haven't seen the ad for that anywhere including their web page. :(

On indeed! Maybe it's gone now but they were deffo hiring in the last 10-12 days

HR@rigneydolphin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Dungarvan Insulation in Dungarvan are looking for an Office Administrator.

Full-time position available (Monday to Friday)

Job Summary:
    * Organising work schedules for our work crews
    * Preparing Quotes and Sales Invoices
    * All Office Bookkeeping duties
    * Answering the telephone
    * Liaising with Suppliers & Customers
    * Assisting with Customer enquiries

Role Requirements:
    * Qualified Accounting Technician or other similar qualification (desirable but not essential, depending on experience)
    * Minimum of 2 years in a similar position
    * Experience within the construction industry preferred
    * High level of organisational skills
    * Strong written & verbal communication skills
    * Strong attention to details & numerical skills
    * Competent in Microsoft office, particularly Excel
    * Knowledge of Big Red Books

This is a very busy office and the successful applicant will be able to work on their own initiative, be able to multitask and be very adaptable.
    Immediate start preferred.

Please apply at https://waterfordjobs.ie/job/14079171/office-administrator-in-busy-office

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭taytobreath

The link below is very good for local jobs. There is a link at the top within that link that gives a longer list of jobs too.

http://www.wcles.ie/jobs-opportunities/

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭tbarry31

Has anybody here applied for any jobs in the hospital. There was a few jobs up a while back and was wondering did anybody put in for them or have any news on the process.

These jobs are support staff jobs.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

GrowHQ are looking for a waiting staff person on a part time basis.

https://www.facebook.com/GIYGrowHQ/posts/2562083123828734?__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARABXTHRRNwhciB6glz5jzpnb36-pvQuNqz5HqkEBKr6ZFRmdOmYsvHWBm639K14Du9C5lNP_Z_vqTnSbTrX0v9d_82LNhCpD1BAa9Faw3rNbSYFgTHg02TDo2b5YCwMKsyagVYyUrqz11Jf2688F1JGNn0IkNG9-vC7hGhaq_MBijA4GTuL2CZa1myt9sCcunjG5OoPANG8E5xWWI-9PWxrHDkCdErhCHSP7yYxO6Tkkw7EbZj4mJKGtu5SodFSSnowJRd_bmK4ada9xMhW-4XSd05ntqo9RarDXNaFUkYG25NuFVGjrnCnAba-QqtS5C1E3gQGJaeu3zxfeMZdnEH0Dni3g9nGVzOVpqiFZfvjZdro&__tn__=-R
    Minimum of 2 years experience in café or restaurant setting
    Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
    Very strong, customer-facing experience and strong communications skills
    Natural ability to build rapport with customers
    Ideally, a knowledge of and interest in food and/or food-growing
    Apply
    To apply please email your application to Claire McCabe with:
    Your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your fit with the criteria outlined above.
    Two references (name and contact details).

no email in the ad so try hello@growhq.org or phone 051 584422

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Two job vacancies for well paid commission based role pm me

Two job vacancies for well paid commission based role pm me

I have PMed you. Thanks.

Also if anyone knows any jobs going at all in Waterford city please let me know. 2 years customer service experience, in kitchens/restaurants and also a call centre.

Very fast learner and also work well under pressure. Available immediately.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Eireann Gas are looking for Delivery Drivers.

Duties:

• Ensuring all customers receive their delivery in an effective, efficient & safe manner
    • Operate acceptable customer service standards at all times
    • Driving HGV Lorry

The successful candidate:

• Must hold a current (CAT C) licence
    • A current ADR Vocational Training Certificate
    • Minimum ADR requirement is Class 2 in Tanks/Packaged Goods
    • You should be fully conversant with tachographs and driver hour's legislation
    • You will also need to demonstrate a high level of safety awareness at all times
    • Customer focused and have a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business

Full spec and job application: https://waterfordjobs.ie/job/14093711/delivery-driver

Rigney Dolphin hiring again for HSE line. Monday to Friday. €10 an hr.

hr@rigneydolphin.ie

Also JYSK new store opening in waterford looking for full and part time staff.

An opportunity has arisen for a full time office administrator in Dungarvan, Co.Waterford.

Candidates will need to meet the following requirements:

*Qualified Accounting Technician or similar Qualification(desirable but not essential depending on experience)
    *Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position
    *Experience within the construction industry preferred
    *High level of organisational skills
    *Strong written and verbal communication skills
    *Strong attention to detail and numerical skills
    *Strong competence in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
    *Knowledge of computerised accounting software

The successful candidate will be able to work on own initiative, be able to multitask and be very adaptable.

To apply, please visit https://waterfordjobs.ie/job/14096069/full-time-office-administrator

Miriams hairstylists, Waterford City

Wanted qualified part time hairstylist for a very relaxed and customer friendly salon in Waterford city. 2/3 days a week. Some flexibility with days required.

Please apply at https://waterfordjobs.ie/job/14098906/qualified-hairstylist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Teva are looking for a process operator. Anybody have any idea exactly what that entails, what the hours and money are also? The ad for the job has no real information. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I suspect it has enough info for those who are already familiar with Teva and process operations ;)

Sometime ads are only placed as a legal courtesy and are not designed for the casual browser.

General Description https://www.jobhero.com/process-operator-job-description/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

From the Farmers Journal

Loader Driver Wanted - South Kilkenny/Waterford
    Gerry - Gerry.Long@Glanway.ie

In busy waste plant. Driving experience would be an advantage. Waterford Port
    Details:Company Name : Glanway Ltd.
    Job Description : Loader Driver / General Operative
    How to Apply : Phone (0879410795)

GMC Auctioneers on Canada Street requires a part-time office administrator, must have previous experience in an admin role. The right candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to deal with clients and must have the ability to work on their own initiative.

The successful candidate will join this fast growing company on a part time basis 2 - 3 days per week which can be altered to suit the successful candidate.

Duties Include:

* Bank Reconciliation / Managing Client, Office and VAT accounts
    * Filing Purchase & Sales invoices
    * Ensuring full compliance for the property service regulator
    * Dealing with clients, vendors and landlords
    * Answering enquiries and screen calls/emails
    * Preparing and issuing sales/lettings notes to solicitors
    * Preparing appraisal packs and window displays
    * Liaising with vendors/landlords with regards to maintenance issues
    * Recording all data on CRM system

This is an excellent oppertunity for an individual looking to work 2/3 days a week in a challenging but rewarding environment where you have the ability to choose your hours to a certain degree.

Contact Garreth McCarthy MIPAV MMCEPI through email on info@gmcuationeers.ie, including a C.V and cover note, or apply at https://waterfordjobs.ie/job/14101168/office-administrator

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Saw an ad for a jobs fair in tower hotel, I think on 15th. Think its being run by that crystal valley tech/IT group of tech companies.I don't think it's limited to tech jobs if that's not your background.

• Advertisement

Loads of jobs going at the minute it seems.

O sheas takeaway in tramore,

New street food restaurant x2 opening in Waterford, Mi street food and also Mana Thai or something, all looking for kitchen and waitress staff.

Centra The Grange looking for deli assistant

Olive Cafe looking for chef, new cafe in town.

Advertisement