Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oreos

Options
  • 06-04-2010 1:20pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What's the big deal with these things :confused: I don't get the hype..

I hear people farting on about how gorgeous they are, I think they're a bit tasteless tbh, and the whole "ooh you can split them and lick off the cream" thing.. Hello, you can do that with loads of other biscuits, custard creams? bourbon creams?

Am I alone here :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭AmberAmber

yea I agree with you !
    its a usa thing as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I think the buzz is down to the fact that because of their size, they are a mere 1 weightwatchers point each. You starve folks of chocolate for long enough and they'll lick it off the floor :p

However, I like oreos. They are great dipped in tea, like bourbons, but creamier.
    See? The floor I tell ya.:pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

OpenBake wrote: »
    they are a mere 1 weightwatchers point each. :

This, I was not aware of :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Try mint oreos and then try to complain :D :pac:.......

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Yeah I think I'm already kind of converted.. 1 WW point :eek:.. Naaaaaice :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 A_m_y

I'd rather enjoy 2 Jaffa cakes for 1.5 points :) Oreo's are sooo over-rated! They don't even dip well :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I like them but they are a tad sugary and a good quality burbon cream tastes pretty similar they are nice crushed in ice cream though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

OpenBake wrote: »
    I think the buzz is down to the fact that because of their size, they are a mere 1 weightwatchers point each.
    Really just shows how expensive they are, like the other snacks WWers think are great, like malteasers, aero, wispa, curly wurly -they are all just overpriced very small portions, snack size versions of other bars are cheaper and the same size.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Biscuits/Oreo_Biscuits_4_per_pack_176g.html
    http://points.ogo.ms/
    per 100g
    Cal 482kCal
    Fat 20.7g
    Sat Fat 11.0g
    Sugar 35.2g
    Salt 0.4g

this is 9.5 points per 100g, nothing particularly good about that, they are 11% sat fat so I expect other snacks are far lower in points -due to WW's bizarre twisted points system that infers that sat fat somehow makes you fatter than non-sat fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Oreoes coated with white chocolate that you can get in Spain are the most amazing things. Normal Oreoes are a bit dry and mank, but coat them in choc yum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭monicafussy

Dunnes stores have the white choc covered Oreos , sooooooooo good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭legatti

oreos and tim tams are great if you do a tim tam slam with them
    crunch a little off then drink your drink through the biscuit there great,
    timtams are much nicer dont think ireland has caught up with them yet though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

They're lovely!

Bought 3 packets like a week ago...they lasted no length :)

Kinda dislike the outside bit though...at times....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I like the flavour from the biscuit. I really like Cookies & Cream Haagen Dazs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

Milk chocolate coated ones are realy nice,cant find them in Ireland,the ordinary ones realy shine in cookies and cream Ice cream.Also in Canada they had a Oreos Ice cream sandwich,which was lovely.Something like the Iceberger here but much nicer,talking off whichI miss the gingernut Iceberger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

dubh101 wrote: »
    Milk chocolate coated ones are realy nice,cant find them in Ireland,the ordinary ones realy shine in cookies and cream Ice cream.Also in Canada they had a Oreos Ice cream sandwich,which was lovely.Something like the Iceberger here but much nicer,talking off whichI miss the gingernut Iceberger.

3 month thread I know sorry, but just back from Spain and I tried the Oreo Banadas. What can I say, they're real good! I don't get the Oreo thing like the OP said but the chocolate covered ones are really good. Wish I could get these here (below) but I bought a few packets in Consum so should last awhile :)
    oreo1.jpg

oreo2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Hate Oreos, they are very sickening and way over rated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Theres a BIG difference between the US Oreos and the European Oreos, The European ones are made in spain and are rubbish!!!!! ( I class myself as an Oreo connaisseur :D:D:D:D:D ) there is a big difference between the US ones honestly!

However I've moved on from Oreos to Fudgeos! they're much better! and I don't think I've looked back since!!!!!!

If your in the States or Canada you should pick yourself up some! or else I think theres a website where you can get US sweets delivered from the UK who import them from the US

its www.americansweets.co.uk (no affiliation but a happy customer cuz the OH is from Canada and cant buy good pickles here :D:D )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

The big deal is that Eddie Rockets's Oreo Malts are just awesome and so are the cookies aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 CrispMan

Don't like them either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Oreos? Meh!
    Jammie Dodgers FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭unepetite

My friend buys boxes of these little mites on a regular basis. Personally, I'd rather a nice oat crunch. :p I only ever tasted one of these once and was underwhelmed. The chocolate biscuit part was, to my taste, oddly powdery or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

Oreos are GORGEOUS! But only with milk. ;)

I couldn't eat them on their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I love oreos I could eat a whole pack if I was watching TV or surfing the web on a lazy day. At 1.49 in dunnes I think that's pretty sweet :P Those chocolate covered one look gorgeous can you get them over here does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

Folks you gotta try the Oreo milkshake from Eddie Rockets,bloody heaven:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Folks you gotta try the Oreo milkshake from Eddie Rockets,bloody heaven:D:D

Or just try making it at home! Much more satisfying and way cheaper.

Don't really like the biscuits on their own though, weirdly powdery as another poster said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Some people just get over-excited about snacks that aren't widely available here for some reason.... Take vile Hershey's and Tim Tams as examples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Some people just get over-excited about snacks that aren't widely available here for some reason.... Take vile Hershey's and Tim Tams as examples.

Agreed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

If find oreos to be very messy. One bite of one, crumbs go all over the gaff! They are far too overrated tbh. Give me a nice bourbon any day thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

You can get tubs of mini oreos in tescos, throw them in a bowl with some milk or crush them into vanilla ice cream...sweet Jesus.

Advertisement