Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

patio garden help

Options
  • 06-04-2010 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    I've got a small-ish garden that we recently paved over as we extended and I'd like to get some greenery in there. Ideally some trellises with creeper, pots etc. However am a total novice so would like to go to a garden centre that will be very helpful and give me lots of advice - can anyone recommend a good one in Dublin/greater area? Alternatively I've a small budget that I could pay someone to come in to get me started off if anyone has any recommendations? Thanks in advance for any tips or help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

I would suggest that you try to lay it out yourself and then go to a garden centre with at for some refinement by a professional!

I did it recently.. basically measure the garden space and draw it out roughly on a sheet of paper. Once done, then decide what you want... all paving slabs, some slabs some gravel, raised beds, etc.

Next decide if you want greenery only (ferns and small trees etc), or if you want some colour too.. could be various shrubs etc. If you're interested in climbers using trellises then you can think of something like clematis which is nice and green and spreads well and then you also get lovely flowers on it too in summer.

You could also go for various grasses etc too..

Essentially, measure it out, get an idea of what you would like/hate and then go for some advice... it means that the staff in the garden centre (or here!) can give tailored advice based on your wishlist.

Advertisement