Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiving unsolicited premium rate texts

Options
  • 06-04-2010 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi Folks,

Has anyone here had trouble with receiving unsolicited premium rate texts that eat into your credit ? I was receiving these messages and repeatedly texting stop to them but they kept coming regardless.I was on to both Vodafone and the regulator.Vodafone told me that it showed on my records that I texted 'stop' on numerous occasions but still received them. The regulator got onto these companies,zamano was one name that came up,and the texts then stopped.This crowd zamano sent me a message claiming they tried to contact me though without success.This is not true.
    Anyhow I contacted the regulator again and zamano are apparently going to contact me within 5-7 working days.Years back I received soccer text alerts and more recently may have bought ringtones or entered a comp so this is most likely why they have my number.
    Have you ever experienced this and what was the outcome ? Did you get any sort of refund ? The whole thing is getting v.annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can claim a refund yes, once they cant so proof of you signing up, plus the added bonus of proof you reply STOP, and still receiving texts. You can enter the shortcode number into regtel and it will tell you the company behind it.

Advertisement