Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

R.I.P. Alliance Electric Dublin

• 06-04-2010 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Just heard that Alliance Electric are gone into Liquidation and their shop in Georges Street is closed! Pity really, bought my 42" panny there and these guys were great, very knowledgeable and no hard sell!

They were one of the better 'bricks and mortar' shops in Dublin for Home Cinema!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

livEwirE wrote: »
    Just heard that Alliance Electric are gone into Liquidation and their shop in Georges Street is closed! Pity really, bought my 42" panny there and these guys were great, very knowledgeable and no hard sell!

They were one of the better 'bricks and mortar' shops in Dublin for Home Cinema!

All the above and more. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the owners and staff in Alliance Electric, great guys and, as was said above, never a hard sell. In fact I got more free advice from these guys than I did TVs (and I bought quite a few TVs from them over the years - never any issue with any of them).
    I sincerely hope they reemerge in some form because they were the only shop I was ever 100% happy buying AV equipment from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

That is sad news indeed. I bought a few tv's off them down through the years. They knew their stuff too and always had time for a chat if they weren't too busy. The were the only proper bricks and mortar shop for AV in Dublin imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭almee

Bought an ex demo pioneer tv from them before new year, supposed to have a 5 year warranty with it! Sent off forms to AV Imports to get it months ago, haven't heard back about it yet, hope I don't need it.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

as an (ex)employee, thanks very much everybody.

almee, give AV import a ring (01-2405600) and check with them. sometimes they dont always send out confirmation but the serial number of the tv should be registered with them should anything happen

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭almee

Thanks Adam sorry to hear about the job hope something turns up for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭RaoulDukeHST

Damn shame! Very sorry to hear. Great store. I bought various equipment from them and was impressed by their knowledge and none of the hard sell like all other AV stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 marcinnikt

big_moe wrote: »

almee, give AV import a ring (01-2405600) and check with them. sometimes they dont always send out confirmation but the serial number of the tv should be registered with them should anything happen

adam

Hi Adam sorry to hear u lost the job
    I have question !!!
    In february this year I did pay deposit for a tv panasonic viera - 500 € , how I can get this money back ?
    regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 marcinnikt

I have question !!!
    In february this year I did pay deposit for a tv panasonic viera - 500 € , how I can get this money back ?
    regards

• Registered Users Posts: 48 pondasher

big_moe wrote: »

adam
    Hey Adam

You are all sadly missed pity the whole scene is left to shops like Harvey Normans etc Bought everything techie I own from Alliance since shortly after they opened in the 1990s
    give my best to Mark Will and Bill.
    PS How is Alfie surviving

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Emmerson1

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Bill from Maynooth that worked in Alliance Electric or anybody else that worked there in 2002
    Ibought a superb stereo there in 2002 and only now has a problem developed in it Facing the amp on my left the the needle indicating the volume keeps slipping back down to zero unless I play the system at a very loud volume

• Advertisement
Advertisement