If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHILIPS LCD TV's - NEW RANGE - a little teaser...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭McNulty

Ash

Going to ask the obvious question, but do the posted prices
    A: include a 10% Boardies discount,
    B: do not include the discount

or

C: the discount may not be applicable on a brand new range?

at a very quick glance, the 40PFL5604H seems to have a similar spec to the 42 7404 - about right?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Sony pricing has been cheaper than 2009 equivilents models, with more goodies. Will that be the case with Phillips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mp3kid

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Sony pricing has been cheaper than 2009 equivilents models, with more goodies. Will that be the case with Phillips?

Doesnt seem to be at first glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

Just wondering....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Folks

I'll clear up a few of the questions for you all...

As you'll see from the spec sheets Philips are pretty much going all out with LED Edge and Backlighting with the latest range of TV's, infact all bar the new 3 series and the 32PFL5405H will use this technology.

Whilst this brings positive image benefits to pretty much the entire Philips range it does cost a little more to implement.

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

Hi again McNulty

Well the tech does tend to trickle down range as models progress.

The new 5 series range now enjoys 100Hz, HD Digital Natural Motion and a faster response time of 2ms, not to mention the fact that it now uses LED Edge lighting tech rather than CCFL so has a much higher contrast ratio than any of our non LED backlit TV's

It will be interesting to see just how good this looks in the flesh - I was expecting it this week but it has been pushed back until next week...

I'll post up once we have 'em and you can check it out in the flesh.

Hi Zaphodbeeb
    I really dont expect to see any more price drops on the current 7 and 8 series TV's they are getting very hard to get hold of now:(

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 33 oreillykm

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there will be 37inch? Looks like the specs you posted jump from 32 - 40?

Cheers, oreillykm

Hi Oreillykm.

The new range will cover 19, 22, 26, 32, 40, 46 & 52" screen sizes
    37" screen size has dropped away.
    I do have a couple of the 37PFL5604H remaining in stock however

atb
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Dr. Nick wrote: »

Guys,

apologies for the delay and the confusion - we are unable to offer a blanket 10% discount on the whole new Philips TV range - however we are currently preparing Boardie specials on each new model and also for the current range which will be pretty exciting!

If anyone needs a Boardie special deal urgently just drop us a PM or of cours use that old telephone thing!

ATB,

John Mc & The Philips Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Oreillykm.

Well it seems i'm wrong....

We should see the new 37PFL7605 in before the end of the month (last week I'd say) and the 37PFL8605 early May

The 37PFL8605H will sell for €1299.99
    I dont have a confirmed price on the 7605 as yet

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Hi Oreillykm.

The new range will cover 19, 22, 26, 32, 40, 46 & 52" screen sizes
    37" screen size has dropped away.
    I do have a couple of the 37PFL5604H remaining in stock however

atb
    Ash

Any idea of a time and cost for the 46 and 52" screens

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Keving

I believe May for the 5 and 7 series.
    Once I have confirmed infor I'll post up dates.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi all

I have just received in my first batch of the very nice looking 40PFL5605H.

WOW what an great TV it is:)

Its by far and away the best 5 series TV Philips have produced to date.

It now benefits from trickle down tech found in the mid range TV's, things like:
    100Hz Clear LCD tech, a 2ms response time, HD Natural motion and of course it's an LED EDGE LIT LCD TV with a great contrast ratio of 500000:1
    It also has a pretty cool curved remote as well as well as a slightly re jigged menu system....its the little things help eh!

Someone asked how the cables plug into the back of the TV, well the good news is all (apart from the COMPONENT inputs and HEADPHONE jack which are resessed into the back of the set but plug in at right angles to the back) now plug into the TV from the bottom and not 90degrees out the back...FINALLY...so the TV can sit a little closer to the wall.

The important part - how does it look image wise
    Well in a word excellent!
    The image produced Bright, vibrant and detailled with very good motion handling thanks to the 100Hz/2ms and HD Natural Motion processing.
    Certainly fights above its weight, doesnt feel right to call the 5 series "Entry Level" anymore.
    Cant wait to see what the 7 and 8 series are like if this one is so good:D

I have this TV set up instore being fed by Blu Ray so plaese call on in and check it out.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi folks

here is the spec for the new 40PFL7605H

http://www.digitalnewsroom.philips.com/factsheet/fs_40_7000_series.pdf

The TV is due into us by the last week of the month and will sell for €1299.99.

Cant wait to see what this TV looks like, especially as the new 5 series TV, the 42PFL5605H, has raised its game and is a fantastic set:)

Will post up once again when it arrives into us.

Cheers all
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Hi folks

here is the spec for the new 40PFL7605H

http://www.digitalnewsroom.philips.com/factsheet/fs_40_7000_series.pdf

The TV is due into us by the last week of the month and will sell for €1299.99.

Cant wait to see what this TV looks like, especially as the new 5 series TV, the 42PFL5605H, has raised its game and is a fantastic set:)

Will post up once again when it arrives into us.

Cheers all
    Ash

Hi Ash,

Is the €1299.99 price on the 40PFL7605H inclusive of the Boardies 10% discount? Is the 40PFL8664H from last year, and the same price, available at any extra discount to get rid of old stock. Seems everywhere has it now at €1169. I'm after a 40" LED lit TV and don't see much difference between the 40PFL7605H and the 40PFL8664H, am I missing something. PM me on pricing if you like.

Is there any difference between last years Ambilight Spectra and this years Ambilight Spectra 2 ( apart from the ability to set the colour of the wall behind the TV)?

Regards
    quenching

Hi Quenching

I've sent you a pm.

Let me know what you think.

cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Hi Keving

I believe May for the 5 and 7 series.
    Once I have confirmed infor I'll post up dates.

Cheers
    Ash

Ash

Ive sent you a PM

ATB

Kevin

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the pm.
    Replied to it.

cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Ah come on, tell us what ye're talking about! ;)

NOSEY!!!

Talking about nice shiney TV's:D

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Will the philips store be getting any 37pfl5405's and if so how much?
    Cheers.
    http://www.consumer.philips.com/c/televisions/5000-series-37-inch-full-hd-1080p-digital-tv-37pfl5405h_05/prd/ie/

Hi PCDub

We sure will.

This TV has an release eta of early May and I expect it to sell for €699.99

I'll post up as soon as they come through the door.

Thanks for the enquiry

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenagoolie

Anyone seen a review for the 40PFL7605H or 46PFL7605H?

Hi Glenagoolie

There wont be any reviews as yet on these TV's as the havent reached the market place.

I'm sure these will be reviewed once they get out of the warehouses in into the shops.
    The eta for this TV is next week from the 17th onwards.

cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Redfowler11

Hi Ash,

Any update on when the new 8 series will be delivered ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Hi Ash,

Any news of the whereabouts of the new 40PFL7605H, they seem to have been due in every week for the last 3 and still a no show, thats a very slow boat they're on :)

Hi Quenching

I'm very sorry about this.
    We have been patiently for these TV's ourselves.
    I can only pass on the info re there due date that the Philips reps give me and sometimes what I'm told and what actually happens are two very different things:(

The latest is they are due next week........

Once I have 'em I'll let you know.

have a good one
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mp3kid

doesnt feel right to call the 5 series "Entry Level" anymore.
    Ash

Well it's list price of €999.99 is hardly "Entry Level" is it ?

True Mp3kid.

I guess strickly speaking the 5405H models will be the foundation of the new Philips range, using standard CCFL backlighting, these will start from €599.99 for the 32" and top out at €799.99 for the 42"

There will be, from time to time, a 3 series range but these are pretty much devoid of the really interesting features and processing modes found on our main stream TV ranges.

What I was refering to when I said "it doesnt feel right to call the 5 series "Entry Level" anymore" was the fact that the 5 series TV's, and in particular the 5605H, models have vastly improved on spec over the outgoing 5604 range.

The 5 series was pretty much the base level of the Philips TV range, but now features found on our mid range TV's have trickled down - 100Hz refresh rate, faster response times, and better motion processing/handling and not forgetting the introduction of LED back lighting tech into the mix has boosted the image quality and motion handling capabilities - a fact that was born out when we compared the 42PFL5604H against the 40PFL5605H, the later was noticably better especially with how all round.

I look forward to seeing the rest of the range. Hopefully the good news continues with them.

cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭lar77

Review of the 5 series http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=ru&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://hdtelevizija.com/2010/04/14/recenzija-lcd-philips-40pfl5605h-102-cm/

I've my name down for a 46" 8 series, didn't really care about the 3D side of it untill I saw the samsungs in action, the 3D was much more impressive than I thought it would be ...... anyway, just wondering if there are going to be deals on a TV, 3D bluray and glasses package?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.