Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library Noise

Options
  • 06-04-2010 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

When I came back this year I was shocked by the level of noise that is in the library now. When I study I generally have my headphones on and they are at a level that people bar me can hear, then today yet again I could barely hear them over the noise of people talking & people who have not silenced their laptop properly.

I have no problem with people typing but if your going to have the laptop out then at least mute it so I dont have to listen as you struggle to remove a warning notice. Then there are those that think that the library is the perfect place for skype. WTF :mad::mad::mad:!!! I don't want to listen to you chat to your friends around the world. Why oh why must you come to the library when there are loads of places around campus with wireless or wired connections.

It is about time that the library staff take a proper stance on noise levels in their. If you dont quite down after being asked then your removed.

Have others had this expierience or am I getting worked up over nothing?

/rant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭heresjohnnie

Ive had that experience before , but havent really noticed it recently... i find the loudest area ironically is the 'Silent area'... always found that strange

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭imbroglio

Gah! Bane of my life! It's gonna get worse in the run up to exams. I'd love to see the staff really clamp down on it.

Advertisement