Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Derby Superthread

• 06-04-2010 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭

The big one - live on RTE 2 this Friday.

100409vbohslweb.jpg

Predictions?

1-0 to Rovers despite being completely outplayed for 90 mins.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Scrappy 1-0 Bohs win, may re-evaluate after the Pats game. At least one red card, probably to Turner or Bayly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

bohsman wrote: »
    Scrappy 1-0 Bohs win, may re-evaluate after the Pats game. At least one red card, probably to Turner or Bayly.

If any justice is done Keegan will finally be sent off for one of his 2 footed lunges. 2 nil rovers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Rumour has it Twigg will be on the bench, i'd imagine he'll be needed before the night is out... cant see anything other than a Bohs win TBH, though hope to be proven wrong.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

If I was a Rovers fan Id be worried about Twigg being rushed back too quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Tonight isnt it ?

19:45 Bohemians ? - ? St. Patricks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

If I was a Rovers fan Id be worried about Twigg being rushed back too quickly.

Scared are ya?:pac:

Scared are ya?:pac:

I would definitely prefer to see Stewart and Barret up front alright. Would mean we could get away with a 1-5-4 formation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Tonight isnt it ?

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Tonight isnt it ?

Ah bless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I remember Pat Dolan rushing back John O'Flynn who had a similar profile to Twigg at the time.

Biggest mistake he ever made.

• Advertisement

I doubt Twigg will be rushed back, but we don't have much to offer as an attacking side without him or Baker. You'd like to believe that the likes of Barrett might use this game to finally take his thumb out of his arse, but I can't see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Gonna say 2-0 Bohs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Hoping for a scrappy 1-0 to Rovers, I think it's the best we can hope for, tbh.

But I think it'll be 1-1 or Bohs might steal it.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'd usually be bigging this up but I'm afraid. Very afraid.

Ah bless.

1-1

1st half was decent 2nd not so great (we conceded). our goal was stunning.... superb football led up to it. They kept chipping away at us and it eventually worked Byrne scoring.

We should have won it late on but williams missed our best chance, they should have won it but Rogers made a stunning save. Great Pats crowd at it over all a limp top of the table Dublin Derby, pats fans were great Bohs didnt make much noise other than to berate the ref who kept passing the ball to pats players. Suppose we are all better away.

Bohs easily the best team we have played but we are very very hard to play against add in Faherty and we have a real goal threat.

Seems we are stil top of the league, nearly safe tho reckon 31 points will do it this season. Shame tho conceding, nice to see the anger on all our players face when it happened tho.

Ugh, Madden missed an open goal from 5 yards late on aswell, and at first viewing there's no way he was offside for the disallowed goal. Once again Bohs didn't turn up in the first half, Pats were happy to timewaste from the 15th minute till the equaliser despite the fact that they were easily outplaying us.

Ugh, Madden missed an open goal from 5 yards late on aswell, and at first viewing there's no way he was offside for the disallowed goal. Once again Bohs didn't turn up in the first half, Pats were happy to timewaste from the 15th minute till the equaliser despite the fact that they were easily outplaying us.

Dunno about outplaying we were creating chances but so were you and its ****ing Bohs tbh, you subbed on Quigley and Cretaro :eek:, we brough on lynch williams and coughlan :o. few times i shat myself when Bohs were going forward thought both our offisde goals were offiside Byrne was unfortunate lino was next person to him Madden was a tad offside too.

Just cant see anyone other than Bohs for the league, too many good players and Fingal seem to be very negative with all their great ex Pats players and unless Rovers go on a massive 20 game winning spree. its there for Bohs dont think we will last our bench is our problem we ahve a decent 11 who work hard but beyond that we have more hard workers but not a lot to win a game.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

We missed 3 absolute sitters... couldn't believe it

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

We missed 3 absolute sitters... couldn't believe it

We missed 2 :p

I thought this thread was about the Dublin derby? :pac:

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    I thought this thread was about the Dublin derby? :pac:

So did i :confused: it was tonight :confused:we still top of the league :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

i dont feel confident about friday. rovers have started off bad this season but form goes out the window and knowing bohs i think we will be the side to slip up and give rovers their first home win, hoping im wrong as i was in tallaght twice last year and it was horrible to see all those muppets:p celebrating.

anyway il go with a bad 1nil win to rovers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Bohs were awesome tonight in patches, juts have a problem in finding the net.

Can't see Shams getting anything from this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Bohs' equalizer tonight was a handball. Jokeshop tbh. Still delighted with the result.

Oh and, they'll hammer Rovers on Friday methinks. Would love if it was a draw thought :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

7.45 ko now on the club website..

I'd take a 0-0 right now without second thought. Can see two things...Bohs score early and Fenlon goes into his shell again allowing us back in it or Bohs go right through Rovers.

I'm very afraid..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Hows the ticket sales going for this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

tickets for away support were on general sale last night in Dalymount.

might be some left today.

Rovers have never lost this fixture by more than 2 goals I belive, so I wouldn't think a hiding is on the agenda.

Nice of the gypos to thrash the Milltown Monument again - that will calm things down. :rolleyes: Vermin.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I'm going for 4-0 to Bohs as I'm hoping this is the game when they'll finally click.

Murphy to start?

• Advertisement

Nice of the gypos to thrash the Milltown Monument again - that will calm things down. :rolleyes: Vermin.

Stupid little rats. I read about it over on the massive outrage filled thread at foot.ie - oh wait, that only happens when it's Rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

The big one - live on RTE 2 this Friday.

100409vbohslweb.jpg

Predictions?

1-0 to Rovers despite being completely outplayed for 90 mins.

I'm hoping for a repeat of May 16th but the chances are very slim. Its more likely be a repeat of the game in Dalyer last March when Rovers were not even close to being second best on the night. We were lucky to get nil. The ref had a better game than most of our players!

Having said that we are unbeaten by Bohs in Tallaght and I optimistically predict that the unbeaten record will remain intact (but Rovers aren't going to win!) 1-1 (Chambers penalty, which looks about the only way we are going to score until Stewart and AN. Other get match fit.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

The kick off is officially 7.45.
    There is a newer version of the above poster with the correct time on it.

Can't believe there are rats associated with any LOI club that would go as far as to deface a monument. It makes sense though - monuments don't fight back I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Can't believe there are rats associated with any LOI club that would go as far as to deface a monument. It makes sense though - monuments don't fight back I suppose.

Moderator why is this ****e entertained? Completely off topic and no relevance to the game at all.

I don't know if this happened but if it did well coming on here and giving out about it is exactly what these idiots want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Roaster wrote: »
    Moderator why is this ****e entertained? Completely off topic and no relevance to the game at all.

I don't know if this happened but if it did well coming on here and giving out about it is exactly what these idiots want.
    Have you seen the Rovers bashing threads or are you just chancing your arm? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

This is the superthread i.e. anything to do with the build up to the match too

Its hugely relevant at every level. Thread is as much about the build up as the game itself.

Stupid little rats. I read about it over on the massive outrage filled thread at foot.ie - oh wait, that only happens when it's Rovers.

That is unreal. A number of threads have been knocked immediatly. Further proof that that site is an open sewer.

I think a passing comment on it is relevant enough. That monument is dear to a lot of people. And it's obviously an attempt to stir things before the game.

I was only criticizing the people that did it, not all Bohs supporters. Not a courtesy that's always extended to Rovers supporters in similar situations.

That is unreal. A number of threads have been knocked immediatly. Further proof that that site is an open sewer.

And yet if a Rovers fan sneezes or, in the case of last season, a dangerously dilapidated wall collapses, there's hundreds of posts from the regular lunatics and obsessed Sligo RFC fans running free.

• Advertisement

And yet if a Rovers fan sneezes or, in the case of last season, a dangerously dilapidated wall collapses, there's hundreds of posts from the regular lunatics and obsessed Sligo RFC fans running free.

I agree. If further proof was needed about why Rovers fans are 100% right to boycott that hive of bitterness, there it is.

How long was that 'racism' thread allowed to run, even after Sheridan's video was proven to be doctored? Yet when the BSC run wild, all mention is taken down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Neither do 3 fans against a good 15-18 "fans" on a Luas. Every club have these vermin, and by people talking about them to the high nines is what they want.

and by people talking about them to the high nines is what they want.

The point is that most of us don't decide who we want to talk about "to the high nines" based on who the club is.

Neither do 3 fans against a good 15-18 "fans" on a Luas. Every club have these vermin, and by people talking about them to the high nines is what they want.

Thats not what happened, but lets not drag this off topic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

This is the superthread i.e. anything to do with the build up to the match too

And a good omen for Rovers after the previous de-facing

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

What hapened??

Edit: Saw the link thread on rovers forum, fcuking scumbags, no defence for them, as a Bohs fan I am genuinely sorry and ashamed.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

You wont find any Bohs fans condoning the incident. Report it to the Gardai, they can tell the club who did it and they will ban them. Although I would be almost certain whoever did it is already banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

You wont find any Bohs fans condoning the incident. Report it to the Gardai, they can tell the club who did it and they will ban them. Although I would be almost certain whoever did it is already banned.

doubt it they are banned id say its kids been honest why would any grown man do that. bad taste imo

The vast majority of troublemakers and people associated with them were banned a while back at the same time as we got rid of the schooligans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Need to get an eye-check I thought this thread was about Dion Dublin :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement