Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Derby Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So is this going on all season since the premier league is all but the Dublin and District league :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

So is this going on all season since the premier league is all but the Dublin and District league :p

There's only one Dublin Derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I find it hard to take serious all the Rovers fans talk of being afraid.

With lesser teams in the last few season they have put it up to bohs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You really haven't seen us this season. We have carried zero goal threat in pretty much every game. The defence at least seems to be gelling a little bit, but elsewhere, we've been very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

tbh having played them both, they are correct in being afraid.

Dont see a goal in Rovers and see many in Bohs.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

dreamers75 wrote: »

Dont see a goal in Rovers and see many in Bohs.
    If we can learn to finish

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

If we can learn to finish

Rovers cant even create the chance so your quids in.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Rovers cant even create the chance so your quids in.
    Don't know about that, they've clearly been practising hitting free kicks at the players arms ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

back on topic. How do I get to Wicklow ?

• Advertisement

Pal wrote: »
    back on topic. How do I get to Wicklow ?
    Luas is best bet, leaves you right beside the stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Thats not what happened, but lets not drag this off topic.

Ye because you know 2 out of the 3 Shels fans who were attacked along with another tonne of Shels fans on the Luas, including one member of our Board who wrote an appeal on our website.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Thats not what happened, but lets not drag this off topic.

Are you fcuking serious? That is exactly what happened. Lads got a proper hiding from the vermin following your club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Ye because you know 2 out of the 3 Shels fans who were attacked along with another tonne of Shels fans on the Luas, including one member of our Board who wrote an appeal on our website.:rolleyes:
    SantryRed wrote: »
    Are you fcuking serious? That is exactly what happened. Lads got a proper hiding from the vermin following your club.

This must be killing you, a thread about Dublin Derbys on Boards.ie and your not in it.

Just us Fingal Bohs Rovers and UCD can post on it.

Cracking idea tho a super thread for all the dublin derbies it used be just 4 teams but thankfully now we have a possible 6(cmon shels get the finger out).

fair play rovers fans thinking of the greater good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I don't like bringing it back up but I just don't like lies about that incident being told!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

SantryRed wrote: »

Like I say, I'm not willing to allow you to drag this thread off topic. I was simply pointing out that 15 did not batter 3 as was stated. 3 shels 'fans' may have ended up in bad shape, but the story is a great deal more complicated than you are trying to make it out. Start another thread if you want to go over this tedious old ground.

is Twigg playing ?

aren't Pats a Dublin team too ?

is Twigg playing ?

aren't Pats a Dublin team too ?

He will be on the bench and yes, so what?

This thread is about the Dublin Derby, between the big Dublin two, Irelands most successful and third most successful sides. Pats have nothing to do with it.

He will be on the bench and yes, so what?

This thread is about the Dublin Derby, between the big Dublin two, Irelands most successful and third most successful sides. Pats have nothing to do with it.

I was responding to dreamers75 who omitted Pats when he said ;
    "This must be killing you, a thread about Dublin Derbys on Boards.ie and your not in it.
    Just us Fingal Bohs Rovers and UCD can post on it."

Thanks anyways for your terse response.

• Advertisement

I was responding to dreamers75 who omitted Pats when he said ;
    "This must be killing you, a thread about Dublin Derbys on Boards.ie and your not in it.
    Just us Fingal Bohs Rovers and UCD can post on it."

He meant Pats when he said us - he supports them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Christ, can we have any thread about Rovers without it being clogged up with all this kind of ****e?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Christ, can we have any thread about Rovers without it being clogged up with all this kind of ****e?

There's already a Rovers thread on this. Not enough for you lot?

Oh, and the Shels fans went looking for trouble for fook sake. Stop whinging about it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Like I say, I'm not willing to allow you to drag this thread off topic. I was simply pointing out that 15 did not batter 3 as was stated. 3 shels 'fans' may have ended up in bad shape, but the story is a great deal more complicated than you are trying to make it out. Start another thread if you want to go over this tedious old ground.

PM
    Oh, and the Shels fans went looking for trouble for fook sake. Stop whinging about it :rolleyes:

Stop WUMing!

Don't know whether I'm happy or sad about the 1000000th mention of LuasGate because at least it stops you talking about your righteous debt settlements for a minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

So anyway, this thread has been quite poor from an outsider in this derby.
    So can anyone care to tell me why this is the "defining" dublin derby? why its such a big deal, history etc? (and hopefully the responses won't mention anything about the luas!!!)

adamski8 wrote: »
    So can anyone care to tell me why this is the "defining" dublin derby? why its such a big deal, history etc? (and hopefully the responses won't mention anything about the luas!!!)

Bohs - Oldest Club in the League. Northsiders.

Rovers - Most Successful Club. Southsiders

And they simply don't get along. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

my reason why its the defining dublin derby is that north dublin and south dublin shares a big rivalry that has gone on for years. The southside has this reputation of been upper class snobs who look down on their ''poorer'' northside neighbours. add in the fact that bohs and rovers are the two biggest supported teams in dublin. no other match in dublin equals to the atmosphere colour and pure hatred that comes with it.

Bring on the Rovers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

major bill wrote: »
    add in the fact that bohs and rovers are the two biggest supported teams in dublin.

Not sure about that. Have you seen Bohs gates this and last season? I'd wage Shels and Pats could have a bigger support than Bohs.

• Advertisement

Drums went out of business and a rival was needed. Bohs were a nearby Northside team, albeit with a fairly scabby history before they discovered the power of the noughties overdraft, but it was needs must at the time I guess.

I always feel guilty about The Home of Iirsh Football though. If we'd have forged a primary rivalry with Shels or Pats instead, Bohs wouldn't have had to destroy Dalyer trying to get level with us.

iregk wrote: »
    Not sure about that. Have you seen Bohs gates this and last season? I'd wage Shels and Pats could have a bigger support than Bohs.

Not sure where you're going with this. http://foot.ie/threads/132489-2010-attendances?p=1343814&viewfull=1#post1343814

Looks like the Rovers bandwagon is dwindling by a few hundred every game they dont score in Tallaght.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

major bill wrote: »
    my reason why its the defining dublin derby is that north dublin and south dublin shares a big rivalry that has gone on for years. The southside has this reputation of been upper class snobs who look down on their ''poorer'' northside neighbours. add in the fact that bohs and rovers are the two biggest supported teams in dublin. no other match in dublin equals to the atmosphere colour and pure hatred that comes with it.

Yeah but Tallaght is the northside embassy don't ya know!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

bohsman wrote: »
    Looks like the Rovers bandwagon is dwindling by a few hundred every game they dont score in Tallaght.

Indeed. With a bit of luck there'll be nobody supporting any LOI teams soon eh? :rolleyes:

Indeed. With a bit of luck there'll be nobody supporting any LOI teams soon eh? :rolleyes:

Don't worry, Im sure theyll be back when Twigg recovers.

Whats the difference between Rovers and a tree?

A tree doesn't fall apart when it loses a twig.

Quoting anything from fool.ie is up there with The Sun, The NOTW, Daily Fail etc...

over 2000 at a bohs match hahaha brilliant. would love to see the real receipt book, but sure not even the fai have seen that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Fool.ie

Such hilarity!

Quoting anything from fool.ie is up there with The Sun, The NOTW, Daily Fail etc...

over 2000 at a bohs match hahaha brilliant. would love to see the real receipt book, but sure not even the fai have seen that.

Not sure what Bohs games you've been at recently but the attendance thread on foolie along with the transfer thread are about the only things that site is good for. Bar the Farrelly era just over 2k has been the average attendance at Bohs over the last 10 years. No Irish team can brag about attendances, really no point in the whole "our attendances are slightly less **** than yours" posts.

Traditionally it was Rovers and Drums who had a healthy rivalry until they went pop in the 70's. At the time B*hs were ending their amateur status and still hold the record for relegations/re-elections to the league. So there was an obvious vacume filled. B*hs started attacking Rovers fans walking up to Dalymount until one day the Rovers lads lost the plot and wrecked Cabra in revenge and the hate was born.

Throw in the fact that they were founded by the British Army and its all fun and games.

We have always looked at B*hs in the most patronising sense, they are more of an irritiant than a genuine rival. Their entire club is one attempt to copy everything we do. Including lose their ground.

Interestingly Rovers never saw themselves as a southside club until Milltown was sold. Still don't, thats more of a B*hs construct to try and frame themselves as some form of equals.

• Advertisement

Don't worry, Im sure theyll be back when Twigg recovers.

Whats the difference between Rovers and a tree?

A tree doesn't fall apart when it loses a twig.

What have Bohs and Harold Shipman got in common?

Both kill grannies.

Never got the bandwagon thing about Tallaght. Families like the buzz and the attendances are still great given the results so far. If people wanted to jump a real bandwagon, there are plenty wheeling around this country as we know.

I might sneer at rival attendances for the crack but, hand on heart, I'd like to see big attendances right across the city (and league).

stovelid wrote: »
    Never got the bandwagon thing about Tallaght. Families like the buzz and the attendances are still great given the results so far. If people wanted to jump a real bandwagon, they're are plenty in this country.

I might sneer at rival attendances for the crack but, hand on heart, I'd like to see big attendances right across the city (and league).

Agreed.
    Be great if other clubs could get better stadia like the Tallaght Stadium. Could only be good for the league in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Ush1 wrote: »
    Agreed.
    Be great if other clubs could get better stadia like the Tallaght Stadium. Could only be good for the league in the long run.

I'm sure other clubs would greatly accept a FREE modern stadium from the Co Co

Roaster wrote: »

Yep, they're good if ya can get them.

It's always confused me how we can simultaneously be "tenants" in "Wicklow" when we "got a free stadium" from "South Dublin County Council".

That said: lets not kid ourselves that you wouldn't jump at a local authority anchor tenancy when you've finished pissing away a historic stadium like Dalyer.

You jokers are like a man slowly breaking off bits of raft for firewood - both you and Shels will both be renting yourselves within the next five years. Nowt surer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Raging I can't go.:(

Looking forward to it now, kinda shítting it though, such a bad feeling that we're going to get mauled.:(

Rovers put millions into the facility.

Shels, Waterford, Fingal and Derry already rent from the County councils. With Cork and Galway also renting from the local associations.

Nothing stopping any club making an arrangement with local government. So change the record please.

Edit: Why did a Shels fan thank that? Who owns Tolka again? Idiot.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Yep, they're good if ya can get them.

Why all the hatred people? I just said that any club would happily take a stadium off a Co Co.

Not only are community stadia a good thing but ground-sharing should be the norm rather than the exception in Dublin.

I'll see you Shels boys in Dalyer next year ;)

I think all joking and banter aside we are all in agreement here. I'd love to see Rovers playing in front of 20k a week. I'd also love to see Bohs and Pats and everyone else playing in front of similar crowds.

Yes I'll joke about Bohs sub 2000 crowds considering they are champions but really thats bad to see. Tonights game is selling out and thats great to see regardless of who or where.

I think all joking and banter aside we are all in agreement here. I'd love to see Rovers playing in front of 20k a week. I'd also love to see Bohs and Pats and everyone else playing in front of similar crowds.

Yes I'll joke about Bohs sub 2000 crowds considering they are champions but really thats bad to see. Tonights game is selling out and thats great to see regardless of who or where.

+1

• Advertisement
Advertisement