Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Derby Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shels, Waterford, Fingal and Derry already rent from the County councils. With Cork and Galway also renting from the local associations.

Edit: Why did a Shels fan thank that? Who owns Tolka again? Idiot.

Our situation is a tad more complex than just renting from the council tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Edit: Why did a Shels fan thank that? Who owns Tolka again? Idiot.

why are you permitted to call him an idiot ?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cretaro starts for bohs! Great news for us

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Pal wrote: »
    why are you permitted to call him an idiot ?

He's not, that's why he got an infraction. It's funny aswell because what he said about Shels and Tolka Park is wrong.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

That certainly settled the nerves.:D

COME ON ROVERS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

I rarely watch LoI matches, but is it usual for reporters to disrupt managers during matches like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Took about ten minutes to settle, but Rovers were by far the better team that half and deserve to be one up.

Hopefully we keep the lead and this kick starts our season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I rarely watch LoI matches, but is it usual for reporters to disrupt managers during matches like that?

Its something they have introduced this season. They have showed team talks from half time too.

Tony O'Donoghue would want to be careful who he sticks that microphone in front of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

my god

i started watching this game tonight and its not a bad one tbh.

half time came, i said id tip onto boards, there'll be a thread there about, see what the lads have to say

all i find is a thread where fans of various dublin clubs basically swing their mickeys at each other and say my club is better than yours.

with fans like these eh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

A lot of empty seats, surprising.

Also, interviewing managers during a game is just nonsense.

• Advertisement

rté player just cut out with two minutes to go :mad:

Fairplay to Chambers for being man of the match, can't believe Keely let him leave.:rolleyes:

:D:D:D

Not a good game technique-wise, but very entertaining all the same.

Great performance from Chambers and good to see Twiggy back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

event wrote: »
    my god

half time came, i said id tip onto boards, there'll be a thread there about, see what the lads have to say

all i find is a thread where fans of various dublin clubs basically swing their mickeys at each other and say my club is better than yours.

At least you've found an excuse now.

event wrote: »
    my god

You see the same crap in all the EPL threads too.

Exactly, and Rovers -v- Bohs means alot more to the fans of the club rather than a Liverpool -v- Everton derby to a few lads down the local pub in Mayo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Exactly, and Rovers -v- Bohs means alot more to the fans of the club rather than a Liverpool -v- Everton derby to a few lads down the local pub in Mayo.

I don't see how, yeah it's a local club from Ireland but due to the nature of the LOi a lot of people don't have a local club and will feel strongly for a club abroad, An Arsenal vs Spurs derby means as much to me as a Rovers vs Bohs game does to one of their fans.

peabutler wrote: »
    I don't see how, yeah it's a local club from Ireland but due to the nature of the LOi a lot of people don't have a local club and will feel strongly for a club abroad, An Arsenal vs Spurs derby means as much to me as a Rovers vs Bohs game does to one of their fans.

Go to a Bohs -v- Rovers derby and come back an tell me it's the same as a watching a Arsenal -v- Spurs derby on TV.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

It won't be, because I feel absolutely nothing for either teams and haven't paid a notions to the LOI since KCFC wound up a few seasons ago. Where as with Arsenal vs Spurs despite not being at the game in person I'll probably be watching it in a pub with a good atmosphere and the club I love and have always loved will be playing.

• Advertisement

How many Spurs fans do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

despite not being at the game in person I'll probably be watching it in a pub with a good atmosphere.
    Oh well then, changes everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

That was a cracker of a 2nd half. Was watching it here with a Spanish friend and he was amazed at the lack frees in the 2nd half. It got funnier & funnier with each time Alan Kelly let things go:D

Will be interesting to hear what the scaremongerers thought of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Don't turn this into a "real fan" v "barstooler" debate, this is for discussion of tonights match only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Savage night absolutely savage. Turner was decent and that was Price's best game I've seen for a long time. Denehey was excellent but I agree with the motm decision. Chambers was excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Just in from the game and what a game it was, everything in the lead up to the game said it would be a Bohs victory..............But rovers were brilliant tonight, atmosphere was the best i've experienced at any LOI game since ive started going 15 years ago. Chambers was excellent as well as the rest of the team, Rovers keeper Alan Mannus looks very unsure and his decision making is not great. But all in all a night for us Rovers fans to saviour, and let our season continue from here..................c'mon da super hoops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Mannus' decision making in general was shocking. We're still lacking majorly in the final third but as has been said, what a night. Can't fault any of the players for work ethic and the back four were immaculate.

Bohs bottled it tonight, delighted. Hopefully we can push on after this. KOH

PS: Hooperman is my hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Yeah up front is still lacking but the return of Twigg tonight and Baker next week should be a massive boost. I've been very dissapointed with Barrett so far and didn't get a game tonight so i think MON patiece has worn thin with him, it was hard to believe how unfit he looked after the pre-season. Alot to take from tonights game, the unity of the team was there as well as teamspirt, and they believed they could win and they did..........Bohs looked rattled and the occasion got to them. And Murray shut the doubters up with that performance....my only worry is the goalkeeper, he wasn't really tested tonight and still made a few errors which worrys me, and if memory serves me correctly any time i seen Duggan last year he was much the same. BAZ was sick as a pig on the Bohs bench tonight, 1 fan shouted.." GREAT MOVE YOU MADE THERE BAZ, ABOUT 30 YARDS TO THE LEFT WARMING THE OTHER BENCH" everybody was in ribbons laughing and some of the subs started to laugh to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

CSF wrote: »
    At least you've found an excuse now.

no idea what you mean

so what? does that mean its ok or something?

was a good game, but i thought bohs should have made a change up front sooner.

rovers did well at the end of the game though, worked the channels well and held onto it well when needed

one of the better games thats been on TV this year

A lot of empty seats, surprising.

The TV cameras faces the west stand which is like the seated/family area. Plus the empty segregation section(s) at the away end which also always looks emptier because the away crowd bunches up together.

The East stand had 100s of surplus people everywhere: stairwells and front areas etc. I'd hazard a guess that Tallaght was nearly full capacity wise.

Proud of the team and the support tonight. The crowd slaughtered Bohs and got into their heads while the doing the same albeit positively for the home team.

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    The TV cameras faces the west stand which is like the seated/family area. Plus the empty segregation section(s) at the away end.

The East stand had surplus people everywhere: stairwells and front areas etc. I'd hazard a guess that Tallaght was nearly full capacity wise.

Proud of the team and the support tonight. The crowd slaughtered Bohs and got into their heads while the same albeit positively for the home team.

Is the East Stand like that for every game or just Bohs?

baz2009 wrote: »
    Is the East Stand like that for every game or just Bohs?

Not as bad, but there is always standing in those areas. Plus the few hundred that like standing behind the goal. I think this makes the ground look less full than it actually is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

stovelid wrote: »
    Not as bad, but there is always standing in those areas. Plus the few hundred that like standing behind the goal. I think this makes the ground look less full than it actually is.

Or you just use season ticket figures to inflate your crowds. :cool:

Madworld wrote: »
    Or not :rolleyes:

We were absolutely poison out there tonight. No fight. No hunger. Seriously dissapointed tonight. We played into Rovers hands tonight. We kept banging long balls into Cretaro who hadnt a hope against Dan Murray tonight. Nutsy would want to get the finger out. :mad:

We were absolutely poison out there tonight. No fight. No hunger. Seriously dissapointed tonight. We played into Rovers hands tonight. We kept banging long balls into Cretaro who hadnt a hope against Dan Murray tonight. Nutsy would want to get the finger out. :mad:
    He had it out, pointing towards Scotland I believe. :pac:

As a member of the club, I don't care about pissing contests re: attendances with the rest of the league. Fact is people buy the tickets which means income and not sweating on bank loans or winning stuff to make ends meet.

Voltwad wrote: »
    He had it out, pointing towards Scotland I believe. :pac:

He could fly over on top of Gary Twiggs ears. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

dfx- wrote: »
    And a good omen for Rovers after the previous de-facing

:cool: :pac:

Easily 5,700 there. Most unpopulated section was probably most visible on tv - the Killinarden end of the Main Stand.

It is nice of Bohs to put in yet another morale boosting spineless performance in Tallaght. Last year they had Rovers 0-1 down and they bottled it - this time Murray and Price looked excellent - when in truth all Bohs did was hoof it up to them and they cleared it all night. Perfect for them.

A couple of times Price nearly let Byrne in behind, but survived..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

dfx- wrote: »
    :cool: :pac:

Easily 5,700 there. Most unpopulated section was probably most visible on tv - the Killinarden end of the Main Stand.

It is nice of Bohs to put in yet another morale boosting spineless performance in Tallaght. Last year they had Rovers 0-1 down and they bottled it - this time Murray and Price looked excellent - when in truth all Bohs did was hoof it up to them and they cleared it all night. Perfect for them.

A couple of times Price nearly let Byrne in behind, but survived..

sweet jesus bohs hoofed give over!! how rovers have any fans is beyond me you play sh1t football actually one of the worst sides ive seen this year god love the country if you and drogheda get a live shown on rte. as a club you have gone down even more in my book packing bohs fans in like animals while you had two t three blocks empty absolute disgrace.

• Advertisement

When did I say Rovers didn't? Rovers did, but they weren't chasing the game..

Nothing coming from width from Bohs, Quigley had a nightmare, Brennan wasn't much better. Murphy, Flynn and Chambers closed off the wings. Not many corners, not many through balls, just hoofs to two big centre-halves who have shown so far against quick attacks to be in possession of the turning circle of the Titanic and the speed of Hooperman. Playing right into Rovers' hands. :cool:

After using the Connaught St. 'stand', you'll find very little sympathy on the provisions for Bohs. If I had my way, we'd install leaky sprinklers over the away section. :)

major bill wrote: »
    as a club you have gone down even more in my book packing bohs fans in like animals while you had two t three blocks empty absolute disgrace.

The end would be lot safer if your fellow supporters stopped buying home tickets and then either sneaking to that section or bugging stewards and security into letting them in.

Rovers used the long ball (we had only striker) but they played reasonable enough ball for a derby with so much at stake for our players/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Great stuff, i wanna watch it again. When do they post the game up on the rte player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Bohs were shocking, non stop hoofing to Murray, particularly from Heary and O'Connor, Keegan and Cronin just isn't working in CM.

I would be shocked if Barry Murphy isn't No 1 when he is fully fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

They cram visitors into the corner of an empty stand
    and lock them in.
    Genius contribution to League of Ireland.
    Well done again Rovers.

The stand is empty in the first place because the team is doing poorly and
    Rovers only attracts fairweather fans.

This is the club that supposed to be the elite one in Ireland.
    They sure did a good job of keeping that legacy.
    No home. No loyal fans. No trophies. No respect.

Come to Tallaght to watch that club treat people like that.
    No way.

and lock them in.
    Well done again Rovers.

No way.
    Your 'club' leaves away fans in an excuse for a stand that's decrepit with obscured views for some so you've no real stance to criticize Tallaght Stadium on that basis. It's more so an issue for security and the Gardai which way they handle your fans and if it's decided that you's need to be segregated then it's for the safety and wellbeing of everybody.

With recent idiocy displayed by 'fans' of both clubs and the reputation this game has it's really very hard to believe that you'd expect anything less. You sold your allocation and fair play to you but to suggest that you's were mistreated in any shape or form is just about the most outlandish thing I've ever heard and really just reeks of absolute jealousy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

The Guards in Tallaght have been great, Bohs fans weren't kept back yesterday either. They could really teach Fitzgibbon St a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

and lock them in.
    Well done again Rovers.

No way.

Sore loser much? :pac:

• Advertisement

Pal, I'm sure you noticed how full the main stand was and the gangs standing behind the goals. The main stand was well over half full so this so called 'emptiness' bewilders me. We're in a situation where we're annoyed if we don't get over 4,500 at a match. Bohs would kill for those numbers, kill for them.

Advertisement