Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Start Up Error

• 06-04-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,950 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

i would recommend you pick up an external hard drive caddy from komplett.ie for about €25, and since you're in dublin you could pick it up from their pick-up point which i think is in city west business park. then slot in your friends hard drive, back up all his stuff on your laptop for instance, and then format the drive, reinstall xp, and transfer his stuff back to his laptop over the network...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Install windows 7, that will back up your whole C drive into a folder called 'windows.old' and then you can just copy over the files and delete the folder :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,950 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Xsiborgs suggestions is the way to go. Quick and easy as long as the drive ins't corrupted/damaged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Try booting from the recovery partition before tryin any of the other suggestions.

When bootin press and hold CTRL then press F11.. This should start the recovery wizard which can help with a multitude of issues !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

I see this kind of thing a couple of times a week and have developed my own "custom" solution!
    I remove the drive from the clients machine and attach it to a desktop in the service bay. Depending on the amount of empty space on the drive and the amaount of data to be "saved", I create a new partition on the drive and transfer the data to it.
    I then re-fit the drive to the clients machine and do a complete format (of the original system partition only) and reinstall the OS, drivers, SW etc.
    Not only is the data saved before a reinstall but the clien now has all their important stuff saved to a partition that is safe from future crashes etc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Ubuntu Boot CD, copy files to an external drive then wipe the OS and reinstall

Advertisement