Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone remember Eldorado?

Options
  • 06-04-2010 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

I'm a little bit embarrassed posting this 'cos I suspect I might be the only boardsie or one of very few to have watched and enjoyed this. Maybe i won't be able to jog memories as I can't remember many names.

Remember Marcus Tandy and Pilar, the wee Spanish one that rode the horse down the beach with her hair flowing behind her? The wee whiney one in the wheelchair-Neasa Lockhead with her big scottish dad Drew, her gooky brother Drew and mother Gwen.

Your one who ran the bar who always spoke as if she was running out of breath, was it Joy? Olive (I think) the oldish glamourous woman who carried a little dog around and sang (woefully) for a living.

Ingrid whose boyfriend Javier turned out to be middle gay Freddie's secret lover. That was the biggest shock I ever got in any soap I think. He was on about this mystery man for a while and called him Pepe or something like that and no one actually saw them together, you knew he was expecting him to call and then at the end of the show he opened the door and Javier was standing there:eek:!!!Shock! I didn't close my mouth for 5 full minutes.

Ah I missed it sorely when it ended and it was really getting good:(.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I used to love this show, I thought it was quite amusing and entertaining to watch :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e34gPtuJYJI&feature=related

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Yes I remember it!

I thought it was really good! Marcus was my fave.. had a bit of a crush on him... !! lol :D

They should so bring it back and repeat it in the mornings or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Wasn't there a dreadful Irish gombeen character in El Dorado ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I remember it too, wasn't it on before eastenders started? I think about 25 years ago.

Here's another vid with Marcus on his phone!! Lol

Eldorado's Marcus giant mobile phone

:D

• Advertisement

I remember it too, wasn't it on before eastenders started? I think about 25 years ago.

Eldorado was shown in 1992 - 1993. :)

Eastenders is older, they are celebrating 25 years this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Eldorado may have been muddled but anything is better than Eastenders.

Me, I weep for the loss of The Bill :( which incidentally, is where Marcus ended up, playing a nasty villain with a fondness for kids...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Haha! The size of Marcus' phone:D.
    I loved it, not only the storylines which did improve greatly but it was great escapism to watch the sun and sea compared to the gloomy Eastenders set and the rain soaked cobbles of Corrie.
    The episode where Marcus and Pilar got together was on when I was in Corfu and I missed it:mad:. I read about it in the paper..it was all so romantic, something about him chasing her up the beach and jumping on her bones among the sand dunes:o...sigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Larkenn

I watched this too. It was a bit dire to begin with but it got really good towards the end and i was sad to see it cancelled. I loved the end scene with Marcus and Pilar on the boat when the got together. I would like to see this repeated along with Sunset Beach.

Advertisement