Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blacklight Tattoos

Options
  • 06-04-2010 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

These are cool, imagine them at a nightclub :)

blacklight_tattoos_01.jpg

blacklight_tattoos_02.jpg

blacklight_tattoos_03.jpg

blacklight_tattoos_04.jpg

blacklight_tattoos_05.jpg

blacklight_tattoos_06.jpg

blacklight_tattoos_07.jpg

blacklight_tattoos_08.jpg

blacklight_tattoos_09.jpg

blacklight_tattoos_10.jpg

blacklight_tattoos_11.jpg

blacklight_tattoos_12.jpg

blacklight_tattoos_13.jpg

blacklight_tattoos_14.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Ugh, imagine being in a nightclub....depressing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭t4k30

The bone one is kind of cool. But the state of them.... sooo trashy !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Wouldnt bother wasting me money for one of them. They're gimmicky and a good conversation starter but thats about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I actually have an idea for one of my next tattoos that I want part of it to be UV ink...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I actually have an idea for one of my next tattoos that I want part of it to be UV ink...
    Dont give us half the details. Whats the plan ? I hate waiting lol.

• Advertisement

It's a secret! ;):p
    I don't want to reveal what it is with this one till I have it done! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

So will everyone have to go clubbing with you to find out??!! Lolz we're happy to go for beers no need to tatt yourself for it :D

Nah, when it's done I'll put up normal and blacklight pics :)

Bear in mind, I don't have any time frame for this yet, but it'll possibly be November before I get this done, so don't hold your breath! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

Nah, when it's done I'll put up normal and blacklight pics :)

Bear in mind, I don't have any time frame for this yet, but it'll possibly be November before I get this done, so don't hold your breath! :D

Im already doing it so lets see how long i can do it or will you get tattooed before that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

maybe i am a bit of a tradationlist i like to see my ink

• Advertisement

It's a common mistake that people make is that they think you can't see the UV/Blacklight tattoos. It's pretty much like a white tattoo, in that it generally won't stand out on pale skin, but you can still see if if you look at it, but because most people don't notice pale colours against pale colours, they don't see it unless you point it out.
    My idea will be partially normal tattoo ink, partially UV/blacklight ink.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

It's a common mistake that people make is that they think you can't see the UV/Blacklight tattoos. It's pretty much like a white tattoo, in that it generally won't stand out on pale skin, but you can still see if if you look at it, but because most people don't notice pale colours against pale colours, they don't see it unless you point it out.
    My idea will be partially normal tattoo ink, partially UV/blacklight ink.

That's only for the white (Titanium white I believe the name is) UV ink, all the others are other colours, not massively dissimilar to their UV colour, when viewed in normal light.
    All the colors (except for UV Titanium White on light skin tones) show up in normal light.
    http://www.crazychameleon.net/black-light-tattoo-ink.html
    Another useful link IMO - UV-INK-FAQ.html

85795876.jpg
    50853557.jpg
    27963770.jpg

Not the best picture under the UV light, but the colour is the same as highlighter marker orange, I think it's their 'Fire Red' colour ink. Obviously the specific appearance of the colour will vary depending on the skin tone of the individual with the tattoo though.

One thing I thought would absolutely rock as a tattoo using UV ink would be a koi on a waterfall, then with specific parts done in UV ink so under UV it'd be a dragon, I'd imagine it'd be a heck of a job to design though since you wouldn't want to sacrifice the quality in either (normal light appearance Vs. UV appearance) for the sake of the other.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Theres also this one here :

http://www.thetattooshop.co.uk/shop/products/neon-invisible-uv-blacklight-tattoo-ink.htm

Tattoos almost invisible and only glows under black light.

Complete range of colours aswell :

http://www.thetattooshop.co.uk/shop/tattoo-ink/uv-tattoo-ink/

Especially loving the little Black Light that attaches to your machine and is powered by the machine itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Theres also this one here :

http://www.thetattooshop.co.uk/shop/products/neon-invisible-uv-blacklight-tattoo-ink.htm

Tattoos almost invisible and only glows under black light.

Complete range of colours aswell :

http://www.thetattooshop.co.uk/shop/tattoo-ink/uv-tattoo-ink/

Especially loving the little Black Light that attaches to your machine and is powered by the machine itself.
    Hard to tell with this being a forum as opposed to having vocal inflections and tones to indicate but it sounds like you think they offer all colours in invisible.
    Look at the site more closely and you'll see only one colour is listed as "Neon Invisible UV Blacklight Ink ", all the rest are just "Neon ... UV Blacklight Ink " where ... = colour. For the rest they even say
    These tattoo like normal inks yet under ultra violet light they glow.
    It's only for the "invisible" one they suggest the use of the blacklight.
    I'd consider it a safe bet that the "invisible" one is just the white one.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Reku wrote: »
    Hard to tell with this being a forum as opposed to having vocal inflections and tones to indicate but it sounds like you think they offer all colours in invisible.

Im not that bad ;)

I was just pointing out an alternative to the one you showed above.It looks like the same idea ie tattoos in colour but glows in Black light.But also pointing out the "invisible" one.

Look at the site more closely and you'll see only one colour is listed as "Neon Invisible UV Blacklight Ink ", all the rest are just "Neon ... UV Blacklight Ink " where ... = colour. For the rest they even say It's only for the "invisible" one they suggest the use of the blacklight.
    I'd consider it a safe bet that the "invisible" one is just the white one.

Nope its not white---Its almost clear in colour or so Im told.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Reku wrote: »
    One thing I thought would absolutely rock as a tattoo using UV ink would be a koi on a waterfall, then with specific parts done in UV ink so under UV it'd be a dragon, I'd imagine it'd be a heck of a job to design though since you wouldn't want to sacrifice the quality in either (normal light appearance Vs. UV appearance) for the sake of the other.

That sounds really class. Though a logistical nightmare trying to achieve a balance.. but I'm sure it has been done to some effect by someone!

Advertisement