Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plumber trying to screw me?

• 06-04-2010 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hey,

I've to get intouch with plumber over this, but he's asked for 2.5k for materials for 1st fix (its more a 2nd fix, but he's calling it a 1st fix for some reason.. which I thought we already had done.. but that's another point)

We have all our bathroom equipment (wastes, etc), we have underfloor heating everywhere (which ashgrove sorted, nothing to do with plumber) hence no radiators for him to worry about, all the pipes are in (including drainage outside) and just need to be hooked up to the bathroom equipment and our kitchen crowd are sorting the hookup of their taps etc.

How the $%^£ can he possibly be looking for 2.5k for materials???

I'm getting him to install a very slow pump to circulate water from the solar around so there's no 'dead leg' (and the geo will suck it up from the loop as needed)

But 2.5k ?! Can anyone see how he could possibly need this? I'm convinced he's screwing us now ..

/Bal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Is the boiler already fitted?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Balmark

Yup, geothermal heat converter, not done by the plumber

I think he's just blatently trying to put his hand in my pocket, pull out a lump of cash and stick it in his own :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Did you not agree price before hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Balmark

Did you not agree price before hand?

This is part of the problem :/ he's a 'friend of the family', well, my wifes family .. so its a bit delicate :/ we basically had to go with him as he's v short on work.. which I'd assumed was due to the downturn in building etc. thinking now that it's down to something else :/

Era I'm shagged either way :/
    bout to buzz him now.. just wanted to see if anyone could see how he could be looking for 2.5k of materials .. just going to get the list off him so I can 'source' it somewhere else cheaper and see what he says.. meh

This lad is the only part of our build we didnt shop around for quotes etc. (seriously, we did alot .. tiler for 13euro sq yard, painters who were half the price of most others and did twice as much and are pretty good, kitchen/bathrooms from north etc etc etc .. got 2k knocked off price of wood flooring haggling down to 3.5k etc etc etc)

We just assumed this lad wouldn't screw us, but looks like he's trying to make up his $ from the fewer jobs.. pissed off with myself asmuch as him :/

Advertisement