Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with club crest

Options
  • 06-04-2010 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I have a very poor scanned in copy of a club crest. As far as I am aware a digital version does not exist. Would anyone that has the skills be kind enough to have a crack at re-creating this for me please? I have tried myself and can't make anything of it :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭KeelanM90

Sorry thought II'd posted this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JEBHIGHLAND

KeelanM90 - superb. That is absolutly fantastic. I can't thank you enough. I'm dead keen to be able to learn how to do this sort of thing myself. Could I ask what software and techniques you used to get this done? I think it's first rate. I did spend about 3 days fiddling around with software packages and trying to find ways to do it, but got no-where, so any pointers you could give me would be great. many thanks again :D

I'm a bit of a beginner myself and just completely self thought! I use both adobe illustrator and photoshop! It was more so just the pen tool in illustrator i used to get the smooth curves! Realistically the best thing you can do to learn these techniques is fiddle about with the software and be your own worst critic otherwise standards don't improve! Youtube is always handy for a few tutorials! Will hopefully be posting one of my better posters in the next few days in the WIT forum so you can check that out in a couple of days just to see the kind of standard i've progressed to if you wish:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JEBHIGHLAND

KeelanM90 wrote: »
    I'm a bit of a beginner myself and just completely self thought! I use both adobe illustrator and photoshop! It was more so just the pen tool in illustrator i used to get the smooth curves! Realistically the best thing you can do to learn these techniques is fiddle about with the software and be your own worst critic otherwise standards don't improve! Youtube is always handy for a few tutorials! Will hopefully be posting one of my better posters in the next few days in the WIT forum so you can check that out in a couple of days just to see the kind of standard i've progressed to if you wish:)
    Excellent - I have Illustrator so will give that a crack. Was it the pen tool that you used to do the scolls around the bit's at the top and bottom as well? I'll keep an eye open for your next work of art beign posted. Cheers again.

Excellent - I have Illustrator so will give that a crack. Was it the pen tool that you used to do the scolls around the bit's at the top and bottom as well? I'll keep an eye open for your next work of art beign posted. Cheers again.

It was indeed! Its hard to get used to but once you have the hang of it its a fantastic tool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,571 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Keelan thats a lovely piece of work! I haven't used Illustrator for a few years, since Ill. 8, so I'm a bit out of date with the software, but I would think the basic pen tool stuff is still much the same.
    Do you mind if I throw out a couple of suggestions to JEBHighland?

Use your photoshop version as a template at the bottom of the layers. Make the image as large as possible as this makes it easier to trace. If you are doing black lines trace either side of the line and fill it, if you use a line drawing tool the thickness remains constant when you make the picture bigger or smaller. You realise you only have to draw a quarter of the banners, then just repeat and turn.

There is a little trick you have to learn if you want the background colour to show through holes in the design, but it doesn't apply in your picture, its just worth knowing you should look for a tutorial if you need to do it.

An Illustrator logo should be able to be used on a letterhead or the side of a lorry, without changing the document.

Advertisement