Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Value of VW 2004 Passat

• 06-04-2010 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Just a quick Question all, I am looking at a 2004 model passat 1.9TDI (Red I) I dont want to pay more than I have to. How much should I expect to pay and If I was to trade in a 2001 model how much would I expect to get for it?

Edit - Just under 100K on the 04 and 117 K on the 01 model

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Just a quick Question all, I am looking at a 2004 model passat 1.9TDI (Red I) I dont want to pay more than I have to. How much should I expect to pay and If I was to trade in a 2001 model how much would I expect to get for it?

Edit - Just under 100K on the 04 and 117 K on the 01 model

About 5 grand for the 04. I paid 14500 for the 07 equivelent on a straight sale last week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

id be thinking more like 7-8 grand for an 04 tdi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

id be thinking more like 7-8 grand for an 04 tdi

Why would you pay €7k or €8k for a 6 year old Passat when the previous poster just bought a 3 year old one for €14,500?

bazz26 wrote: »
    Why would you pay €7k or €8k for a 6 year old Passat when the previous poster just bought a 3 year old one for €14,500?

I know my one has 70k miles but its a 2 litre 170 bhp highline with every extra leather etc etc.

so your trying to tell me a passat would depreciate more than that in three years.get a grip!

• Advertisement

so your trying to tell me a passat would depreciate more than that in three years.get a grip!

Why dont you look on done deal where i got mine or carzone or autotrader. Passats are a fantastic car but there not gold bars!!! Cars have lost crazy money since the recession i bought a 07 A8L last year for 37k that car was 97k new!!!!!

top of the range cars have been cut radically because no one can afford to throw away money like they did a few years ago, but a passat is not going to depreciate 10grand in three years,especially the diesel versions because there so easy to sell on.

top of the range cars have been cut radically because no one can afford to throw away money like they did a few years ago, but a passat is not going to depreciate 10grand in three years,especially the diesel versions because there so easy to sell on.

but a passat is not going to depreciate 10grand in three years, You are right. Mine depreciated 20 grand:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think your the one who needs to get a grip on the reality of the second hand car market.

If a top of the range 07 Passat was bought for €14500 that probably cost the bones of over €35k 3 years ago then why would anyone pay €8k for a 6 year old model? These cars are a dime a dozen, not helped by the amount of UK imports. But if you are willing to pay €7k to €8k for one then I'm sure the OP will be delighted to sell it to you. ;)

Owners tend to have this romantic view of what they think their car is worth, the reality is that it is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

I think your the one who needs to get a grip on the reality of the second hand car market.

If a top of the range 07 Passat was bought for €14500 that probably cost the bones of over €35k 3 years ago then why would anyone pay €8k for a 6 year old model? These cars are a dime a dozen, not helped by the amount of UK imports. But if you are willing to pay €7k to €8k for one then I'm sure the OP will be delighted to sell it to you. ;)

Owners tend to have this romantic view of what they think their car is worth, the reality is that it is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

;);););)

• Advertisement

SARASON wrote: »
    but a passat is not going to depreciate 10grand in three years, You are right. Mine depreciated 20 grand:D
    why would you sell it then,surely your only fuelling the downward spiral,why not keep the car and drive it into the ground instead of losing that much on depressiation.

why would you sell it then,surely your only fuelling the downward spiral,why not keep the car and drive it into the ground instead of losing that much on depressiation.

I didnt sell i bought as i said above.. My own one was a 07 to but was written off i bought this one to replace it.

SARASON wrote: »
    I didnt sell i bought as i said above.. My own one was a 07 to but was written off i bought this one to replace it.
    the fact you wrote it off might explain why it depreciated 20 grand!

the fact you wrote it off might explain why it depreciated 20 grand!

Oh forget it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I sold a 03 a few months ago for 4300 euro. It needed a timing belt and a few other things.

It was the 130 tdi and highline leather. Beautiful looking car and FSH.

I'd have yours up for sale for around 5-5500

Advertisement