Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone got NGB from eircom and if so is it all a con as usual??

• 06-04-2010 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭

I have been lurking here with baited breath hoping against hope that people who moved to NGB 8mb would post back saying it was ......... brilliant but no one has posted!! Did I misread read something ie is it due out Next Year and not now!!

gb--

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Calebmcd

Double post dam 8mb broadband( :p not NGB)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Calebmcd

In the next few months think July/August at the earliest. And only major exchanges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭swoofer

thanks both, the press release gave the impression it was imminient, another question missed by Matt Cooper.

aw well back to sleep, wait until midnight again for another age.

gb--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Bruno2010

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    thanks both, the press release gave the impression it was imminient, another question missed by Matt Cooper.

aw well back to sleep, wait until midnight again for another age.

gb--

Hi ... NGB is available in Dublin at present. The full rollout plan moves outside Dublin in a few months. You can check if you are in an NGB enabled exchange here -- > www.nextgenerationbroadband.ie. All customers will eventually be moved to an eircom NGB product but if you are in an eligible NGB exchange and wish to move now then you can do this on www.eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭p2p2p

Bruno2010 wrote: »
    Hi ... NGB is available in Dublin at present.[/url]

I'm sorry but I cannot let you away with this.

What Eircom is claiming is Next generation Broadband, and I can assure you it's not, is being offered in Dublin.

Next generation Broadband is NOT ADSL which they won't even refer to on their site anymore because they know damn well it's not.

• Advertisement

I agree, its NGB = NEXT GREAT BALLSUP by wircon.

gb--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Sarn

I have it. Apart from going from 3 Mb to 7 Mb or so there's been no other difference. Never had any problems before with contention or anything else, so faster is good. The enforcement of the cap is not so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Sarn wrote: »
    I have it. Apart from going from 3 Mb to 7 Mb or so there's been no other difference. Never had any problems before with contention or anything else, so faster is good. The enforcement of the cap is not so good.

Has your upload speed increased at all?

thanks for reply, so they put you on a different package and then charge you more!!!! If you had no problems before can you not opt to stay with that?

GB--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Sarn

Has your upload speed increased at all?

You're right upload has increased as well, not something I notice. It averages about 0.4 Mb/s.

• Advertisement

Yeah I got it the other day, when "upgraded" to "NGB" I was downhgraded to 6Mb from 7Mb. They turned my interleave back to high. Had to ring their tech support ( :( ) to get it back to low and back up to 7Mb (All my line can handle :( )

778193693.png

Pings from speedtest.net are normally wrong.

Advertisement