Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E71 and E66 now have free navigation

Options
  • 06-04-2010 5:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

They added the nokia e71 and e66 to the handset that get free voice navigation. Download the update to get it: http://maps.nokia.com/ovi-services-and-apps/ovi-maps

Free now for:
    Nokia X6,
    Nokia N97 mini,
    Nokia N97,
    E72,
    E71,
    E66,
    E55,
    E52,
    Nokia 6730 classic,
    Nokia 6710 Navigator,
    Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic,
    Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition,
    Nokia 5230

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

will n95 be free at all or soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Only a matter of time i would reckon. No one can say for definite until nokia release it, but i would say sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

To use the navigation on these , will my data allowance be used

It doesnt have too, but it works better if you let it connect.

In the settings, you can set it so, it wont connect without you saying so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm confused with this ovi maps program. I have used Nokia Maps for years and I just downloaded the map for Ireland, I tried doing this with ovi maps but it keeps trying to connect to the internet and it doesnt have any static map data? Its almost like google maps in that you have to be online to use it.

Can you not just download the map and then use the GPS in your phone to navigate around?

• Advertisement

You can, just takes longer. In the settings you can choose to not use a data connection and assisted gps. Exact settings layout depends on what phone

Advertisement