Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Mobile Phone?

Options
  • 06-04-2010 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

Looking at buying a new mobile. Not interested in buying an iPhone, was thinking of going with Samsung or HTC.

Also which mobile provider, looking to us it for internet in the main.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Looking at the sonyericsson x10 myself. Looks like a nice piece of kit and can be used for tethering. It runs android OS and a nice big screen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Mobiles & PDAs

dudara

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm looking for one too. Thought about the iPhone but there's a new one out in a few months so no point going for one atm.

Everywhere I look the HTC Desire keeps popping up, seems to be the bees knees and the one to go for. No networks have it yet although supposedly Vodafone will soon, alternatively it's available sim free from the UK.

There's so many to choose from though, you'll wreck your head eventually trying to choose one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i would recommend the nokia n900 check it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

matchthis wrote: »
    Looking at the sonyericsson x10 myself. Looks like a nice piece of kit and can be used for tethering. It runs android OS and a nice big screen!

No multi-touch makes it a turn off compared to other android phones although I'm unsure myself how relevant feature it is except for photo zooming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Op do you want billpay or prepay?

Billpay would be better for internet options regards having data addons. Prepay can be expensive is you use it everyday at 99cent each day. Need an idea how much you plan to use and how often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Kelticweb

I like the blackberry pearls or 8800 series.

BB predictive typing is addictive and improves your spelling!
    Great underestimated feature. Not too big to be considered clunky.

Only downside is the BB extra monthly fee for push emails...but if you can fork out for that then its a great phone. Well, I think so...

iPhone is a bit of hype-driven toy in my opinion...my BB fell half dozen times and still works...I would doubt the same could be said of the clunky iPhoney.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Davy wrote: »
    Op do you want billpay or prepay?

Possibly bill pay in reality. Meteor seem to be the only ones with a internet package, the rest seem to just have a mix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

If I could pick any phone right now it would be either the HTC desire or the Nokia N900. Both are absolutely brilliant phones. Personally, I prefer the N900 because of how open it is.

Advertisement