Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping in Donegal?

Options
  • 06-04-2010 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

a few friends and myself plan on going on a rural adventure to Donegal during the summer. Just wondering, because donegal is quite rural, is it okay to openly camp in different parts off the beaten track i.e. on a beach somewhere.

Im interested in the Carrigart area in particular as I've been there before and loved it!

Any enlightenment is much appreciated? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

I did t loads of times myself over the years... cant see a problem, you'd have to clear it with a landowner in certain circumstances Id say... hope the weather stays on your side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

You'd always be better to just ask locally if theres any set areas for camping or if theres any private land people dont want campers on. Just ask in a local post office or something and you should be pretty safe

Advertisement