Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fungi/Disease on tree

Options
  • 06-04-2010 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hey Guys, Just wondering what is the story with a couple of the trees in d garden! They have a funny fungus on them. Is it dangerous to the tree and what should i spray them with? Im attaching a photo.

Any advise would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I think it might just be lichen, which is harmless. It tends to grow in clean air.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Just found a pic http://www.flickr.com/photos/horiavarlan/4269106315/
    does it look anything like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 studfromthewood

Yes. It seems to be that Yellow lichen....ive checked a few asites now so im fairly sure it is that!

But, How do I get rid of it? It may be harmless but we are sick looking at it!!

Im sure most Garden centers would have something for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Wish you the best of luck with this. May prove difficult. Air pollution generally kills off lichen but thats not really an option.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i would have argued that that adds to the tree rather than detracting from it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement