Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for an eVent rain jacket online

• 06-04-2010 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

The only waterproof jacket made from eVent material i can find is the Endura model and I don't like endura stuff.

Anyone have any suggestions please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

dhb Wickham from Wiggle. I have a medium in red if you are interested, wore it a few times but wanted more of a "racing" fit so ended up getting the same in a small. It is an excellent jacket, most breathable I have had and completely waterproof. If you want one that is close fitting you need to go a size down from normal, that would be the only real issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

DHB do one as well. Wiggle.co.uk

I have the endura one and quite likes it.

Whoops, beaten by Blorg. A once off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Another owner of the dhb wickham jacket here. As Blorg already said,completely waterproof and extremely breathable at the same time. Fabulous jacket at a great price right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

Thanks guys. I forgot to mention that the DHb jacket is not available in my size (small).

You don't want to sell your small one blorg????

Small size is still available in the black,if that's an option.

• Advertisement

I know...while I'm not into wearing "Hi Viz", black in lashing rain is asking for trouble.

Thanks anyway Tax Man

chakattack wrote: »
    I know...while I'm not into wearing "Hi Viz", black in lashing rain is asking for trouble.

Thanks anyway Tax Man

The very reason I got it in red too.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Vaude do one as well. Wiggle used to sell them but they don't seem to list them any longer. I bought one when they were reduced, presumably they were clearing out their stocks at the time. It's a good jacket, with a close fit, but no pit vents though.

They may well be available elsewhere still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

The black does have reflective stripes, worth bearing in mind...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

I have the vaude event jacket and its great, has nice long flap on the back to fully cover your bum !! top marks for it notthing gets through it but its a little bit more expensive than the dhb one

• Advertisement

levitronix wrote: »
    I have the vaude event jacket and its great, has nice long flap on the back to fully cover your bum !! top marks for it notthing gets through it but its a little bit more expensive than the dhb one

Thanks Levitronix, I've been looking at the Vaude jacket for a while (when there was no rain!) but Wiggle are out of them now. I should have moved sooner. The only other place I can find it is the Vaude website at the RRP of €199. Bit steep

These are some links I have stored since I was looking into buying my own jacket a few months back. They appear to still be valid, but I didn't get as far as looking at delivery charges or even whether they'll deliver outside of the UK, so they may or may not work out as good value:

* Vaude Spray eVent jacket for £117
    * Vaude Casella eVent jacket for £160

Also, for either of the above, and particularly the first one, it'd be worth getting the seller to confirm that they really are eVent jackets. I think that the Vaude Spray jacket appears elsewhere as being made from a material other than eVent, so the name or description on the jacket above might actually be wrong. I think the Casella is an older jacket that Vaude used to sell, though I might not be remembering that correctly, so that one could be old stock.

Got the Vaude Pace jacket for £150 which is a tenner more than Wiggle's sale price.

Now I just hope it's worth the kick in balls price tag :D

Thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭stopped_clock

@blorg: You're fairly tall, aren't you? How do you find the small dhb jacket for length?

Any idea how would it compare to something more expensive like the Gore Oxygen in terms of staying dry and packability?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

Montane Stormrider CRC - Good price

I'd forgotten about the Montane. Someone in work has one and I believe he got it in TK Maxx, so for anyone looking for an eVent jacket that might be a good place to check first.

Advertisement