Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swallows in 2010 Arrivals, nesting and departures

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Numbers have been dwindling here for the past week. None in Louth for the past 2 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭1squidge

Seen a couple of swallows today in Drogheda. I was very surprised to see them still here. I'd say the southeasterlies will keep them here for a couple of more days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

1squidge wrote: »
    Seen a couple of swallows today in Drogheda. I was very surprised to see them still here. I'd say the southeasterlies will keep them here for a couple of more days.

You could be right - theres the look of an Indian summer over the next few days:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

There's one remaining family group here in North Kildare where I am. Only spotted them on Sunday. Young look Very young indeed. Blessed with the weather. Doing well it would appear. 3 youngsters I think.

Better luck than the poor things that were abandoned 2 years ago.

edit: - Still here - saw them not too long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭IceMaiden

Its about ten days since we last seen any & think thats it for us this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭John mac

i thought i had seen the last of them on saturday , but saw 10 or so today..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

There are 2 flying about over Lidl (or Aldi, not sure which - near B&Q etc) in Naas.

Must be a special on flies today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

Approx 10 passing through Ballynafagh Lake today near Prosperous Co. Kildare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

Was away for the past few days and came back and they have left:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bsal

I saw three Swallows today at Deer Park golf course in Howth and I think I saw a Kestrel not sure what it was with a rat/mouse being chased by a Magpie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cardynal

Upwards of 30 Swallows still hunting in the coastal fields around Hook head today.
    Regards Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭trebor28

saw two today in tipp.
    i was driving so not 100% but it was either swallow or house martin.
    either way they are here very late!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bsal

15-20 Swallows flying over head my house near Swords Co. Dublin around 14:30 this afternoon. They had a bit of competition from a couple hundred Starlings catching insects too, great sight.

Advertisement