Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with internet website

• 06-04-2010 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Just a quick question . One of my friends is trying to Log onto www.donedeal.ie ( hope it is ok to list the website ) but cannot log on it.
    When i say logon I mean the page is not displayed.
    He can get onto any other website it is just the donedeal one he cannot access.
    Any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Jen32

A couple of suggestions

1. His ISP may be blocking the site due to complaints received from other users. Tell him to contact them and ask if it is blocked.

2. His anti-virus or anti-spyware might be blocking the site if it thinks there's a threat there (certain ads can cause this). He needs to check one or both to see if this is the case.

I can't think of any other reason why he should be able to access every other site except that one.

Jen :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

It's fine to list the site :D

Does your friend have a different browser like Firefox or Google Chrome and can he access the website using them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

I'm having the same issue in all browsers. Works fine through a proxy, so it must be an ISP issue. I'm on Meteor dial-up-speed-wait-theres-edge-no-its-gone-drop-connection-bye-bye to go

• Registered Users Posts: 34 george007

Its not the isp because everyone else can see the website.
    Its not the anti virus

He is using a Meteor Dongle.
    He is using Internet Explorer

Its doing my head in because everything else seems to be ok

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

george007 wrote: »
    Its not the anti virus

Have you tried a different browser?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Its not the anti virus

I'm afraid it's HIS ISP - Meteor. I know a few people on Meteor having problems with this.
    Use an online proxy and he'll be able to access it ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Jen32

Ok he could try a couple more things even though i'm convinced it's the ISP

1. Make sure Cookies are enabled for that website.....

In the browser go to Tools --> Internet Options and select the Privacy Tab. Click on Sites and then enter the address of the website www.donedeal.ie. Then click Allow and click Ok twice

2. If that doesn't work he could try flushing the DNS Server.....

Go to Start --> Run and type cmd.exe
    Then type ipconfig /flushdns

Good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Im having problems with donedeal and gumtree this evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DonnaDoneDeal

Its not the anti virus

Hey, I'm Donna and I work at DoneDeal. It seems that Meteor broadband has experienced an error that meant that their users were unable to access our site. We've been in contact with Meteor about this and they have verified this morning that the issue is now sorted so ye should be able to access the site now. :D

Let me know if you are having any other problems with it ;)

Advertisement