Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie here - advice sought

Options
  • 06-04-2010 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi all,

I just bought a Shakespeare 12' rod with a Piranha reel. I intend to use this for beach and pier fishing - just wondering what fish are around now and where's the best place to go (around Dublin)?

Also, I'm not far from the Dodder and I hear a lot of people go trout fishing there - would it be OK to use the rod I have? Plus what other tackle should I have for trout?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Airsoft_Invent

Dun Laoghrie or Poolbeg Lighthouse would be a good start, if its a sea rod. You could catch, Pollack, Mackeral and Sea Bass theyre. SEason is normally, June-September but thats streching it abit..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

most of my fishing is on canals and lakes but the odd time i sea fish, I spin and float fish, on the far pier in Dun Laoigh (sp). I also spin around Red Rock in Howth ( climb down steep bank and keep an eye on the tide ).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Hi guys lookin to do a little fishing eg trout, wha would be the best rod to buy ( total amatur).

Any advice on bait etc.

Advertisement