Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest diesel in Galway 118.90/litre

Options
  • 06-04-2010 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi I emigrated from England to Galway last week and I have found this forum really useful.
    I have found the cheapest place in Galway to buy diesel, its on the Liosban Industrial Estate at the car valeting place. I filled up there today (6/4/10) for 118.90 per litre.
    All the taxi drivers fill up there so you know its the cheapest.
    You enter Liosban Industrial Estate off the roundabout by the Marriot Hotel/Esso, then drive past Motorpark on your left and follow the road round to your left. You will see the car valeting place on your right with signs for cheap diesel outside.
    I hope this helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Didn't check diesel, but petrol was 119.9 in Tesco, Ballinasloe yesterday. Feckin filled up in Lough Atalia 30 mins earlier for 128.8. Grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

How does it compare to Corrib Oil, Tuam Road opposite Monaghans near Rocca tiles.
    I have always found it cheapest.
    Liosbaun is quite grubby - wouldn't want to be wearing my best kit there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Hi I emigrated from England

From Shillington, was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

soundbyte wrote: »
    Didn't check diesel, but petrol was 119.9 in Tesco, Ballinasloe yesterday. Feckin filled up in Lough Atalia 30 mins earlier for 128.8. Grr.

Garbally Oil which is a few seconds from Tesco station in Ballinasloe has been 119.9 for weeks, pretty funny watching all the queues at Tesco for the "cheapest" petrol when it's the same price just down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Spadina wrote: »
    Garbally Oil which is a few seconds from Tesco station in Ballinasloe has been 119.9 for weeks, pretty funny watching all the queues at Tesco for the "cheapest" petrol when it's the same price just down the road.

whats the quickest way off and back on the motorway to do a fill? I took the shannonbridge exit eastbound cos I had to meet someone there, and decided to take the N6 back to Loughrea just for sh!ts and giggles.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Any here was me thinking that there was no Shill petrol stations left in the country...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

First post promoting a business = shill.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement