Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recording Class Notes to .aac?

• 06-04-2010 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hope I've come to the right forum!

Basically I've got an iPod Classic 80GB. I've got a headset microphone and I'd like to record some scientific definitions and loop them 3 times. I'd probably want to save everything under one file name, e.g. Thermochemistry Definitions and play it out.

Has anyone got any tips/done this before? I don't know what program to use, something like Audacity? Figure I could go over this stuff while getting my morning run in, especially with exams coming up.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

You could do it easily in audacity just using copy and paste. Not sure if Audacity will export to AAC but it will do MP3 once you download the LAME encoder DLL file, and your iPod can play them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

I played around with it alright. Is it possible to put text alongside sound in Audacity? I mean, I can look at the "sound" and see what it says beside it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

You mean like notes with the voice recording? After you import the files into iTunes, right click a file then choose File Info / Properties and paste the text into the Lyrics tab. Then you can see it on your iPod by clicking the middle button a few times during playback.

itunes_lyrics.jpg

Advertisement