Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in Wicklow / South Dublin

• 06-04-2010 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I work just beside pearse street station in dublin, and will be buying a 2-3 bedroom house this time next year. I'm looking at Bray at the moment.
    From what I read the DART journey is about 40 minutes to pearse stree station. I will be looking at getting a mortgage for about 280,000 - 300,000. Would people in general recommend Bray, or is there any other locations close to a DART route where I could get a nice 2 bedroom house for that money?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Bray isn't cheap and certain areas are lovely but certain areas are not, is there any properties you are considering? Where are they? Have you been around Bray town centre? I'm not quite sure what that price will get you nowadays, have you looked at charlesland in greystones?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 halcyon4

no, i haven't looked at charlesland in greystones. how log is the dart journey into dublin city centre from there?
    it looks nice on daft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

halcyon4 wrote: »
    no, i haven't looked at charlesland in greystones. how log is the dart journey into dublin city centre from there?
    it looks nice on daft.

There's a free shuttle bus to the DART station and then the DART is about 50 minutes - of course the disadvantages are; you have to pay management fees and the DART is more expensive from Bray then from Greystones

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement