Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toshiba 42ins full-HD LCD TV 42AV635D - €504 delivered Littlewoods

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

nice:)go for it,pretend your seanie fitz and break the bank!!!!!!!:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Ah, the monthly littlewoods mis-price...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Average review here!

But doesn't look bad for the money..

Most places online seem to be selling it for £450 - £500, so I wouldn't be sure it's a misprice. It's Littlewood's pricing competitively for once.. it is rare, but it does happen!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

its a load of ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

slave1 wrote: »
    its a load of ****

Just what I wanted to hear:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Contrast 15000:1

FAIL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Active vision II LCD picture processing

Not top of the line either AFAIK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

Recently reviewed on Trusted Reviews and scored 7/10:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/review/2010/02/23/Toshiba-Regza-42AV635DB-42in-LCD-TV/p1

If your budget is €500, I would say it's well worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

Back up to €700:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

The Sony KDL-40V5500 at €599 seemed like a decent offer but it's showing up as sold out:

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/bravia-kdl40v5500-40in-full-hd-lcd-tv/573389777.prd

• Advertisement

So, I went ahead and ordered the televison. Yesterday, fter a couple of days thinking about and wondering how was I going to pay off my cc bill:o I decided it would be best if I cancelled. I check on the site and see 3 other items that I ordered at the same time were dispatched but the tv was not, so I contact littlewoods online and ask to cancel it. I then go and check my online banking and notice that they have taken the €504 for the tv from my account. I contact Littlewoods again and ask why they have taken the money when the site states the item hasn't been dispatched..........Hear nothing back. Later on I check the site, and the item status has changed to dispatched....so I think fair enough, I was too late to cancel and resign myself to receiving the tv and being broke.

However I then receive an email this morning stating-
    I'm sorry to hear that you would like to cancel your order for the Toshiba TV (PY102).
    I have cancelled this for you, however, it may be too late to stop the items from being sent out.

If we do attempt to deliver your order, please refuse delivery or simply arrange a collection.

We hope you continue to enjoy shopping with us and look forward to seeing you online again soon.

This is not acceptable to me:mad::mad: It mentions nothing about the fact that they have my money. It doesn't actually say that they will or will not deliver the item. How can they not stop an item from being delivered? How can they not know if it will be delivered or not? Everything is up in the air now...they have both my money and the tv and I am soooo cross.

It would have been fine if they had said "it can't be cancelled at this stage, sorry about that" or "yes, that's been cancelled for you missus and refund has been issued" or "it can't been cancelled at this stage but when the driver attempts delivery, refuse it and we will refund you then" Its the fact that they don't bloody know themselves if or when its going to be delivered....what sort of a blimming company are they. Last time I ever deal with these feckers (and I mean it this time, unlike the 20 other times I said it:p:p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

lindtee wrote: »
    So, I went ahead and ordered the televison. Yesterday, fter a couple of days thinking about and wondering how was I going to pay off my cc bill:o I decided it would be best if I cancelled. I check on the site and see 3 other items that I ordered at the same time were dispatched but the tv was not, so I contact littlewoods online and ask to cancel it. I then go and check my online banking and notice that they have taken the €504 for the tv from my account. I contact Littlewoods again and ask why they have taken the money when the site states the item hasn't been dispatched..........Hear nothing back. Later on I check the site, and the item status has changed to dispatched....so I think fair enough, I was too late to cancel and resign myself to receiving the tv and being broke.

However I then receive an email this morning stating-

This is not acceptable to me:mad::mad: It mentions nothing about the fact that they have my money. It doesn't actually say that they will or will not deliver the item. How can they not stop an item from being delivered? How can they not know if it will be delivered or not? Everything is up in the air now...they have both my money and the tv and I am soooo cross.

It would have been fine if they had said "it can't be cancelled at this stage, sorry about that" or "yes, that's been cancelled for you missus and refund has been issued" or "it can't been cancelled at this stage but when the driver attempts delivery, refuse it and we will refund you then" Its the fact that they don't bloody know themselves if or when its going to be delivered....what sort of a blimming company are they. Last time I ever deal with these feckers (and I mean it this time, unlike the 20 other times I said it:p:p)

Ha ha, is this the first time i've heard of someone giving out that blasted littlewoods actually sent out the item instead of cancelling it instead of the other way round.

kendragon wrote: »
    Ha ha, is this the first time i've heard of someone giving out that blasted littlewoods actually sent out the item instead of cancelling it instead of the other way round.

The problem is they don't even know if they have sent it out or not:confused::confused:

Advertisement