Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute to Exit 4 M50

Options
  • 06-04-2010 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi there,

Does anyone have any idea of this commute at various times ie 7am, 7.30am, 8am, 8.30am and home times?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

35 to 45 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

Thanks for that John.

What time would that be at?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

It takes me 40 minutes to hit Coolock on a late morning Sunday trip. So Ballymun could be done in 35 minutes.

Thanks guys.

Any ideas where the bad traffic spots are? Have they all pretty much cleared up since the 3 lanes opened?

Already do to Sandyford everyday so just areas beyond that that I need to know of?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Blanch can be sticky at times but mostly fine now the 3 lanes are open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

I do that drive everyday and the only traffic is at Kilmac/glen of the downs!! I leave charlesland at 8.45 and do be at work (beside airport) 9.20.

jamegg wrote: »
    I leave charlesland at 8.45 and do be at work (beside airport) 9.20.

Excellent news!

What's the story home-direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

NarkyBoots wrote: »
    Excellent news!

What's the story home-direction?

I leave at 1.15pm and its a doddle. No difference in time really. About 5 minutes more at 4-5pm and then whatever traffic at Bray. The M50 is gift and I never thought I'd ever say that going back a two or three years!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

probably a combination of the extra lanes and the recession - traffic generally expands to fill the available space, there just aren't enough people working around the M50 now to fill the extra capacity (virtually no builders for a start).

Advertisement