Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where Did Guinness Draught Bottle Go??

Options
  • 06-04-2010 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Please does anybody know where you can get Guinness Draught Bottles. I was in the States last year and they are available no problem. I have yet to come across them in Dublin. If anybody knows where to get , please let me know.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Is this different to the normal bottles of guinness you can get?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yes, they have a nitro widget. I thought they were still around. I guess not.

Since the product is intended to recreate a draught beer, I don't know why it matters if it's poured from a bottle or can.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭iambrazil

They were discontinued in Ireland. They could be gone 18 months or more at this stage. Can't remember when it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 jimmytwomey

makes a big difference when your in a crap pub, that pull yellow guinness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Try get Guinness Foreign Extra. Great stuff. It's a proper stout.

guinness-foreign-extra-540x720.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

These ones?

beer_photo_draught_bottle.jpg

Pretty sure they're still available in the north anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

BeerNut wrote: »
    Since the product is intended to recreate a draught beer, I don't know why it matters if it's poured from a bottle or can.
    Many do not like the thought of beers being stored in plastic lined cans. I think the longneck guinness was going after the female market. I actually never once witnessed anybody buying or drinking those bottles, I could not see any market for them at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BenShermin

I was drinking a few bottles of Guinness Draught when I was on holiday in Santander last year, the local nightclub stocked it.

I think there could be a huge market for it in Irish nightclubs, most Guinness drinkers wouldn't go near pints in nightclubs as they'll just spill all over the place, instead they go for bottles of beer, if there was bottled Guinness draught available they might go for that instead of the beer.

+1 on the Guinness Foreign Stout, without a doubt the best brew from Guinness and they don't even bother marketing it:rolleyes:.

BenShermin wrote: »
    without a doubt the best brew from Guinness
    Have you tried Special Export?

Have you tried Special Export?
    I haven't yet, I've actually recently noticed it on the Drinkstore website though and plan to get a few bottles next time I'm in there. Beer wallet is a bit light at the moment though, I was in Brussels last week:D.

• Advertisement

I was in Brussels last week:D.
    Well, that would have been the place to buy it, since it's about a third of the price it is here. But I'm sure you got something else decent instead :pac:

I think there could be a huge market for it in Irish nightclubs, most Guinness drinkers wouldn't go near pints in nightclubs as they'll just spill all over the place, instead they go for bottles of beer, if there was bottled Guinness draught available they might go for that instead of the beer.
    It was in Irish niteclubs though, and as I said I never once saw anybody drink it, nor did I ever see anybody buy it in offies. I see people buying pints in niteclubs all the time, guinness & lager etc, seeing as these bottles are intended to be poured out just like the draft cans you would have the same problem with spillage. If people were worried about spillage they would probably get a bottle of some other beer rather than a bottle intended to be poured, just like some people think it is blasphemy to drink draught guinness from the can, rather than pour it -yet those same people would happily drink other beer from a can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

+1 on the Guinness Foreign Stout, without a doubt the best brew from Guinness and they don't even bother marketing it:rolleyes:.

Historically they never marketed and FES does have a long history to it as been one of the few beer brewed to day to 19th Century strength

I do have a soft spot for FES and Special export

Well, that would have been the place to buy it, since it's about a third of the price it is here. But I'm sure you got something else decent instead :pac:

D'oh! Didn't bring much home to be honest but I am now the proud owner of a Kwak glass.

I've drank the bottles of draught both from the bottle and glass and tasted no difference. Guinness should have advertised it as something to be enjoyed from the bottle, the consumer will always worship whatever Guinness tell them:rolleyes:. Lost market I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

rubadub wrote: »
    It was in Irish niteclubs though, and as I said I never once saw anybody drink it, nor did I ever see anybody buy it in offies. I see people buying pints in niteclubs all the time, guinness & lager etc, seeing as these bottles are intended to be poured out just like the draft cans you would have the same problem with spillage. If people were worried about spillage they would probably get a bottle of some other beer rather than a bottle intended to be poured, just like some people think it is blasphemy to drink draught guinness from the can, rather than pour it -yet those same people would happily drink other beer from a can.
    Just to point out that these draught bottles arent meant to be poured out but drank straight. It says so on the bottle themselves. But i agree with you people wouldnt buy them at nightclubs. I know its a generalisation but guinness drinkers like their pint and bottles just seem silly kinda girly or something and also ordering a pint would be much cheaper than one of those bottles.

I always liked drinking a few of these at christmas for some reason. They werent advertised well and were too expensive anyway.

The Guinness dark lager according to Diego is supposed to be drank from the bottle and is aimed at a young market. I suspect its going to be pushed in night clubs to attract younger and drinkers that don't want pint of Guinness, with out having tow beer competing against each other

Money is a problem ordering bottles as opposed to pints. Badly pulled Guinness is a pain in the h*le though and rather change from guinness to a lager it would be nice to have draught from a bottle.

Badly pulled Guinness
    What does this mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭IrishManSaipan

What does this mean?

A barman who doesnt know how to pour a decent pint of Arthurs?

A barman who doesnt know how to pour a decent pint of Arthurs?
    You mean at a 45 angle and left to settle for 119.5 seconds? Is the beer worse if the angle is wrong or the settling time is out?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 689 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

You mean at a 45 angle and left to settle for 119.5 seconds? Is the beer worse if the angle is wrong or the settling time is out?

+1

Very little the barman has to do with it, bar slopping it over the sides would be a no no.

What the hell is going on. I must be drinking in the wrong pubs. I never seem to get consistent pints. Seems that the pint can easily go wrong. Picture above of Guinness draught bottle=good. Of course we all have the pub we know where we can get a great pint!

I never seem to get consistent pints.
    Diageo's e-mail address for reporting bad pints is ConsumerInfo.Carefor.IRL@Diageo.com : let them know and they'll likely get it sorted.
    Seems that the pint can easily go wrong.
    Diageo chemically engineer it and have rigorous quality control procedures in place to ensure this is not the case. If it has gone wrong somewhere tell them and they should fix it.

Try get Guinness Foreign Extra. Great stuff. It's a proper stout.

guinness-foreign-extra-540x720.jpg
    Damn you! Just bought this to try and its horrible. Well actually it might be ok if it wasnt so damn strong 7.5% why?!!!

adamski8 wrote: »
    why?!!!
    Standard beer strength until World War I. We got too used to drinking girly weak beer during the 20th century.

Standard beer strength until World War I. We got too used to drinking girly weak beer during the 20th century.
    I'm sure it was nice to get rid of the taste of spam etc.
    IMO I never had a good beer over 5.5%

I never had a good beer over 5.5%
    Not even an American IPA? Goose Island? Sierra Nevada Torpedo?

Nor a Belgian strong ale? Duvel? Chimay Bleu?

Not even an American IPA? Goose Island? Sierra Nevada Torpedo?

Nor a Belgian strong ale? Duvel? Chimay Bleu?

or Carlsberg special brew;) how can a beer brewed fro Winston Churchill be bad!

Just to point out that these draught bottles arent meant to be poured out but drank straight. It says so on the bottle themselves.
    Ah right, I just read a review and a guy did pour one just to see and said the head looked bad.
    I know its a generalisation but guinness drinkers like their pint and bottles just seem silly kinda girly or something and also ordering a pint would be much cheaper than one of those bottles.
    Yes, longnecks drive me mad they are such a ripoff. I hate being in rounds with people drinking them and having to fork over money for them! and also the fact that the bottle drinkers finish quick and next round is in before you know it, and I would be on strong beers if the pub has them.

I think it is a true/valid generalisation though, many see a pint as something they just cannot get at home. It is like people going to a restaurant and not ordering something they could get at home. Most guinness drinkers I know would have no objection to lagers and if in a free bar I reckon they would go for other bottles before a draught guinness in a bottle. Many like the sensation of a thick head and you would not get this as much with a bottle.
    Damn you! Just bought this to try and its horrible. Well actually it might be ok if it wasnt so damn strong 7.5% why?!!!
    IMO I never had a good beer over 5.5%
    You could have just diluted your strong guinness down with soda water, thats what guinness themselves do. I think somebody posted before saying they heard the 4.2% guinness draught might be the exact same as one of those stronger beers, but diluted down and nitrogen added.

• Advertisement
Advertisement