Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance Honda S2000

• 06-04-2010 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Can any one help please ?
    I am trying to get a quote for insuarance on a honda S2000, and every one is telling me they don't inssuare this car. There must be some one out there who will.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Can any one help please ?
    I am trying to get a quote for insuarance on a honda S2000, and every one is telling me they don't inssuare this car. There must be some one out there who will.

may i ask how old you are?
    how long you have had a full licence
    any accidents??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

its probably more of a case of the insurance company have decided that this car might be too powerful , too dangerous on the road (might have something to do with your own circumstances, ie. NCB, age, driving experience - advanced driving courses etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

The questions robtri has asked are very important.

Are you going direct to the Insurers or are you using a broker. For a car like an S2000 then a broker is probably your best bet.

Have a quick look through the yellow pages to see who advertises something along the lines you are looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I take it you haven't bought the car yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MONEY_MAKER

They Will insure me on a 04 bw e46 m3 , no accidents, no points, over 25,i have been going drect to the companys, i may try a broker tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Yep a good Broker may be the best bet.

p.s. Be prepared to pay for your fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

is the S2000 a jap import?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭5500

Im insured via 123.ie, 25 full ncb living in Dublin, I can get a quote online from hibernian, bestquote & britton and also stating that the car is a jap import.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Most insurance companies will cover any car, it's the driver that tends to be the sticking point. I'd sit down with the Golden Pages and call every ins co and a good selection of brokers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

The problem most likely is it's a convertible. Usually your existing insurer will insure you when you switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

I was told by a few insurance co.s that because I was under 30 they wouldnt insure me in a convertible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Gitb1 wrote: »
    I was told by a few insurance co.s that because I was under 30 they wouldnt insure me in a convertible

that's a load of bollocks..

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

I know rediculous. I was thinking it might have something to do with theft but its as easy if not easier to put a window through as it is to slash a soft top. Was the only reason I'm mx5-less :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

My sis paid almost 500eur more on her Megane Cabrio just cuz it was a convertible.
    The argument that it's a hard top convertible as opposed to the soft top made no difference.
    Insurance companies are all out there to rip you off.

Insurance companies don't want you to be driving anything fun, fast and sporty until you're 40 years of age at which point you wouldn't want a fun sporty car anymore unless you're having a midlife crisis. And so you will never get to drive a fun sporty car in this country.

Advertisement