Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a first sewing machine - Please help!

• 06-04-2010 9:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi y'all,

Ive been bitten by the sewing bug and want to buy a new machine, thats perfect for beginners like me (last time i used one was 15 years ago in high school!). Ive stalked the forums and have narrowed my options down to getting the following characteristics...one step button holes, has to be electronic, have automatic needle threading and bobbin threading, a good solid weight and a few threading styles. I think thats it, now all I need to know is what type/style number and where should i get a quality one that does all this in Dublin?? Thoughts?

Cheers x :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

You've done very good research, i.e. 'one step button holes, has to be electronic, have automatic needle threading and bobbin threading, a good solid weight and a few threading styles.' I regret not getting 'automatic needle threading and bobbin threading'. It slows down a beginner no end.

I bought a Nechi at the Craft show in the RDS a few years ago. It was a bargain at the time. The only other place that I could find a selection of machines was Argos. My one tip is that I wouldn't buy one without trying. The only proper sewing machine shop I came across was in Cork city (I guess that's no help at all!).

Advertisement