Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Download usage????????

• 06-04-2010 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

I checked my Download usage on Sunday and was quite surprised to see that it was 8.6gb.
    I checked my RS logs and from the 28th of last month up to the 4th of april and could only account for 5gb.
    Today I check my Usage meter again and its now at 12gb even though I have only looked at about 5 youtube videos and downloads from RS of 200mb.

Where is my bandwidth disappearing to:confused:
    Not using wireless either

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭antocann

are you file sharing ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Nope
    Apart from what I've stated above only internet browsing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭antocann

ok was googling on the interweb and that was all i was realy gething , or you might have ghost watchin p:eek:rn while you sleep:P:P
    give your service provider a ring and see if they can help you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

How many people use your connection? Do you have a wireless router?

Install a download meter on your own computer and you will see what is coming in and out. Actually you should be able to just click the status of your network connection and it will show the sent and received activity for that session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Don't use wireless and only myself uses this connection
    Going to install this and track all my activity.
    http://www.metal-machine.de/readerror/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item23

Talking to another guy and he also noticed this month that his bandwidth was very high but couldnt account for the usage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement