Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish essays VS stories

Options
  • 06-04-2010 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Has anyone else noticed that for the JC most people choose the story option, whereas for the LC most people choose the essay?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I asked one of my Gaeltacht teachers about this and she said most people do this because for the LC, you need to be like a mini-Shakespeare to get an A in the Scéal, whereas it's more straightforward for the Aiste option.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

Oh thanks. So I guess that rules out "sciorr an carr agus thit mé ar an talamh"...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Kinky Slinky

I think it's because you have to be as good at English as you are at Irish. People tend to have a really basic plot and they don't develop the characters so it very one dimensional.With the essay you can just learn off stuff,nearly every year it's about Irish teenagers or something along those lines.You can nearly bring in all the stuff you've learned off

Advertisement