Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell me about your careers!

• 06-04-2010 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all,

I'm looking for any information you can give me from all areas of psychology, the wider the variety the better. Especially anything in relation to psychology that is active.

I have completed a five year undergraduate psychology degree, and I have completed a year of voluntary work experince in a research position as part of those five years. I have recently finished a CBT certificate, since I'm not yet in a career related to psychology I can't complete a CBT diploma so that will have to wait for now. Instead I'm now in the process of organising a voluntary placement in relation to addiction.

Anyway As you can see there is no direct career path, main reason being I have no clear ideas as to what area of psychology really appeals to me. Of course I have endlessly researched information on the internet about, behavioural psychology, developmental, criminal, forensic, cognitive, educational psychology etc but ...

What I really need is to hear some personal experiences from any of you out there who really love your job?

What you do?
    What is it you love about it?
    How you got into it?

Even if the career you're in is only slightly related to psychology but you love it, I'd like to hear about it.

Comments

Advertisement