Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEFL in Andalucia

Options
  • 06-04-2010 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi,
    Anyone know if teaching English in Southern Spain is worth considering?

I know unemployment levels are high there, but I've also heard they are in demand.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭damienmcd

I know the original post is going back quite a bit but I have been doing some English teaching in Spain since the start of the year. Always with companies operating out of Madrid and working in Immersion courses around the Salamanca area.
    From people I have met while doing this the general consensus is that the work slows down a lot between April and September.
    Andalucia is similar to Madrid in this respect but there are some companies who will run immersion courses during the summer for 7-10 days at a time. I know of one that have month-long courses in July and August with accommodation and food paid for. PM me for the name if you're interested and I can give you contact details. There is also the option of the voluntary courses over there, again food and accommodation is covered and they are usually in a 4* hotel. I did one of these and it was brilliant!
    I am planning on possibly moving over in September and staying for the foreseeable future, initially teaching English then getting back into the IT industry when my Spanish improves.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Also worth asking in this thread....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Patti75

Hi Damien,did you make it to Spain? If so how are things over there?

Advertisement