Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good phones on o2 prepay

Options
  • 06-04-2010 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to upgrade my phone...i have a nokia 2630 at the moment, but its wrecking my head...the battery is ****, the memory card keeps coming out and it always cuts out mid call. I'm on o2 prepay looking to pay something up to about 120. any ideas on whats the best option? i would ideally prefer to stick with nokia but someone told me recently samsungs are way better now so am possibly open to changing!
    thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I would go for the 2330 or the 6303 classic. The 2330 will have a better battery life, buts its a non 3g handset. Its very basic, but fine for the calls and texts. The 6303 is a bit nicer, but will cost you €129 at the minute on o2.

If you just want the calls, texts and battery life, then the 2330 is what i would go for. Dont buy it from o2, you can get it sim free for €60, so you would be able to switch networks down the road if you wanted with out hassle of unlocking the handset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

Also there's the Nokia 5130, It's a very good little phone, comes with a 1gb memory card and also the headphone slot can take standard 3.5mm headphones. I know a few people who have this phone and no complaints so far. It's €79 on the o2 website. But like Davy said if you want the option of the sim free phone the 2330 can be got for €60.

Forgot to say, its in powercity for €60. Heres the link:here.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭rebel105

Ya the 5130 kind of caught my eye actually. In the comparison thing, it has alot more features than similarly priced nokia phones. I would probably still buy from o2 cos i reckon il probably stay with them and il get €130 free credit after upgrading so it wont really cost me anything.

I'd kind of prefer to spend closer to 100 than 50 cos when I bought the last one I just went for the cheapest and it has plagued me ever since whereas one of my friends got a nokia for 129 or something kinda mid range like that and is dead happy with it...but maybe thats more luck and chance than anything else!

rebel105 wrote: »
    I'd kind of prefer to spend closer to 100 than 50 cos when I bought the last one I just went for the cheapest and it has plagued me ever since whereas one of my friends got a nokia for 129 or something kinda mid range like that and is dead happy with it...but maybe thats more luck and chance than anything else!

I wouldn't use that as the deciding factor tbh. The 2330 is not a bad handset in fairness. Its not a 3g handset so its cheaper, as is the 5230. The 6303 is nice, and defo more features, but the screen is more prone to crack believe it or not than the 2330 due to the way it built, so the bigger price tag isnt everything :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement