Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El Clásico - Saturday, 10 Apr 2010 - 9pm

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

karma_ wrote: »
    No player is worth 80m in truth, that kind of fee is obscene.

Messi :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Roll on Deportivo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

What price were barca to win tonight with powers?
    a mate was saying he did a chelsea/barca double @10/3.

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

yabadabado wrote: »
    What price were barca to win tonight with powers?
    a mate was saying he did a chelsea/barca double @10/3.

They were 17/10.

9/2 to win by 2 or more.

Sick prices. I was all over them thank God it worked out in the end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

What a game!

Started out bitty and niggly, with awful reffing to boot! But cometh the hour, cometh the man, and I don't just mean Messi, Xavi ****ing Hernandez!!! What a player, words fail me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Ush1 wrote: »
    What a game!

Started out bitty and niggly, with awful reffing to boot! But cometh the hour, cometh the man, and I don't just mean Messi, Xavi ****ing Hernandez!!! What a player, words fail me.

I knew you could do it.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I knew you could do it.

Do what? Barca you mean?

Do what? Barca you mean?

No, you make a genuine post.:pac:

No, you make a genuine post.:pac:

Bit difficult to do in the United thread tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fair play to Barca. Didn't think they would do it tonight but man did Xavi boss the show or what? I was disappointed with Ronaldo and Van der Vaart. Thought they would have made more of an impact. Only Real player that looked particularly threatening was Marcelo. I suspect Higuain will probably come in for a lot of stick which I think is unfair but Messi continues to show how it's done. What a season he's having.

I think it's definitely Barcelona's title now.

Could Messi hit the 50 mark for the season? Whats that 40 already?:eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The Daily Mail used to disagree
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Could Messi hit the 50 mark for the season? Whats that 40 already?:eek:

If he hits the 50 mark, he'll be up there amongst the greats. He already is imo. But people need facts and figures.

He's the greatest player i have ever seen and if Spain don't win the World Cup, i hope Lionel Messi does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Johner wrote: »
    Come on Barca! Got quite a bit on PP special double of Chelsea/Barcelona at 10/3.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooo didnt see d game but woooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Xavi is just a special special player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Must say I was genuinely worried and thought Pep had lost it with the line up. But shame on me for doubting the great man.

Magnificent performance from Barca. Xavi was immaculate as always. Busquets had a good solid game and all.

Higuain will be murdered by Florez' rag today/tmr for his miss in the first half, and he also was never in the game.

CR9. I despise him as a player, I was so happy to see him play awful last night. No threat from him whatsoever.

Pelligrini has aged by about 30 years in the last 9 months. Cheerio Maurice. Nice knowing ya.

dfx- wrote: »

Don't know where to start with that article. Something that is hugely wrong with football, at least with English journalists in football. I hope kids playing the game look to emulate a player like Xavi just as much as Messi.

Barcelona-004.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Alves "It was very important to win here, for the psychological blow it gives to the opposition."We are very happy. It's a very difficult ground to play at and we're going to really enjoy the win here. This is a present for the fans."

Puyol "We are very happy. It was a difficult game against a great team and they are very important and well-deserved points."It's a very difficult ground and we are aware of what we've achieved. We've regained the leadership and now we need to carry on like this. With this intensity we will lose few games."Now we will try not to slip up because there's a long way to go and this hasn't finished. We cannot relax."

Pep "The work of Pellegrini in the league is outrageously good. Like all coaches I wish him well, if he continues or not is a matter for Madrid," "Cristiano is a great player, has great potential. We have tried to mark him out of the game. Cristiano is very dangerous when he has the ball. "I strongly insisted that my defenders were aware of his shooting when he had the ball."“We have come to the ground of the league leaders and we have won a very significant game,”“We are very satisfied... very happy. It’s a big win and we’ve taken an important step, even though there are still 21 points to play for,” “We’ve studied a lot of Madrid’s games and we know that they are deadly on the counter attack. We were a bit jittery and the pitch was very slippery at the start, but the goal calmed us down and we had more control from then on.“It takes a lot of courage to win here as no one had ever done so it this season. “We talked a lot about being brave and to put pressure on Casillas. That was what we were looking to do right from the start.“They have a lot of depth to their game and they are a team who have scored on average three goals a game. Madrid are a frightening team but today, they’ve only had one or two chances and those were created because we lost the ball.”

Ronaldo "It's always better to win. We lost, but we still have another seven games to play and we must continue to fight because everything is possible. We knew it was very important for us to win tonight, but that's football for you. The team to score the first goal was going to win. We are to blame for their first strike. Barcelona took advantage of a mistake."

Sergio Ramos "We will fight to the death. We have to look ahead now and recover because the league is far from over. Barcelona's game was practically perfect from a tactical standpoint. We failed to kill the game when we had the chance."

Laporta “we are now in the driving seat at this important point in the season”.“we know how to fight and how to suffer, but when we add the talent we have to that mix, we are really something to watch. We really enjoyed it tonight, it was perfect and we did it with real authority”.“It’s an honour to be president of this club. I’m happy to be living the best moment in the club’s history. It’s not easy to reach the level that we have as a club. It’s been a recognition for the club and a restitution of the prestige we have always deserved”.

Pellegrini "I feel frustration and impotence,""We could have done more. Barcelona weren't like in other matches, but they scored first and that made them stronger. We are capable of more than we showed."We're the same team as has being playing recently but against this team we rushed things."In the end we lost to a superior team.""There are 21 points left to fight for and we're not going to give up,""We will force Barcelona to win their matches. They also have the Champions League. If we keep the pressure up we have a chance."It's a major loss, but there's a long way left to go. I don't think a champion was crowned tonight."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Just going back to the commentator last night....here are some more ridiculous quotes....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS6Np-g_h5w&feature=player_embedded

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Watched the match last night. Well done Barca. Xavi was obviously MotM. But Pique was class in defence. Kept Ronaldo at bay in the CL final last year and done it again tonight. Makes me cry to think we sold him. But, ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Saw this on a Barca site, thought it was pretty hilarious..

madridu.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

redout wrote: »
    Ronaldo "It's always better to win. We lost, but we still have another seven games to play and we must continue to fight because everything is possible....

..so says my sponsors."

Good game, delighted Barca took it to Madrid and won. I think both teams were going into this with some fear, but Barca had more determination then skill, in my opinion, starting off. The first goal sealed the deal and Xavi sorted the team out and galvanised everyone around him into raising the stakes.

Pep did a good job with the team, too. He seems to be able to shake things up in the right amount to make his players gel well, regardless of their position and who's around them. He's done what few coaches can do - let their players trust the shirt the players are wearing, and not what specific player is there. How many times have you seen easy passes go amiss because players didn't trust to pass it to that player?

On top of that, looking at the pictures and videos of Barca arriving in Madrid is was amazing how calm and collected the team were. It was their game to lose.

Delighted for them moreso because I cannot stand Madrid, and Ronaldo ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Advertisement