If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundbar

Options
  • 06-04-2010 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi guys,

I was onto you before about a sharp soundbar but think I want a bit more oomph to go with my new telly.
    I'm already talking to ashley and will most likely buy the 42PFL8404H.

However, I want to buy a neat sound system to go with this which will play whatever is showing on screen, i.e. I want it to play sound whether I'm watching my ntl box or a blu ray, without physically changing the cables.

Will this be possible?

If so the first thing that appeals to me is a soundbar encompassing a blu ray in it. E.g SAMSUNG HT-BD8200. Do you stock these or anything similar? I believe LG do one aswell?

If not what other soundbars do you have? As if you've none of the above I could buy a soundbar and separate blu ray player off you.

Secondly, I need a 32" for a bedroom, spec not important....what's the cheapest you can come up with?

Oh and can you have them all delivered to the philips shop for collection/delivery with the tv to a dublin address?

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi guys,

I was onto you before about a sharp soundbar but think I want a bit more oomph to go with my new telly.
    I'm already talking to ashley and will most likely buy the 42PFL8404H.

However, I want to buy a neat sound system to go with this which will play whatever is showing on screen, i.e. I want it to play sound whether I'm watching my ntl box or a blu ray, without physically changing the cables.

Will this be possible?

If so the first thing that appeals to me is a soundbar encompassing a blu ray in it. E.g SAMSUNG HT-BD8200. Do you stock these or anything similar? I believe LG do one aswell?

If not what other soundbars do you have? As if you've none of the above I could buy a soundbar and separate blu ray player off you.

Secondly, I need a 32" for a bedroom, spec not important....what's the cheapest you can come up with?

Oh and can you have them all delivered to the philips shop for collection/delivery with the tv to a dublin address?

Thanks!

Brian,

thansk for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you.

We would normally recommend getting a dedicated soundbar and keeping the DVD separate as generally dedicated audio bars have far superior audio quality.

There are a few options:

Boston TVee - now just reduced to £249.95 / €289.99 which is a crazy price for a really top quality soundbar and it has a wireless active sub which makes for really easy mounting.

Alternatively and this is a completely separate idea - (but sounds great) Q Acoustics have brought out the Q TV2 - this is a really clever idea - it is an amplified 100watt 2.1 system that has 8 drive units yet all you see are two really small speakers popping out form the side of your TV - there is a mega slim subwoofer which is mounted to the back of your TV and the Q TV2 can be used either with a pedestal mounted or wall mounted TV - this sounds way better than most sound bars as all the audio is focused directly from your TV so the soundstage is really impressive - it retails at £299.95 /€349.99.

On the 32" front - I have some of the Blue Diamond 32" Combi LCD / DVD Players that I can do at just £289.95 / €329.99 (and agai that also includes a DVD player!)

Keep us posted if we can assist,
    ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.