Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclothymia

Options
  • 06-04-2010 11:24pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Mods ye can stick this one where ye like, personal issues or psychology, I'm just sticking in here first as a general question. I have Cyclothymia, which is a mild form of Bipolar Disorder, yet it can still cause problems for the sufferer. Like it can cause mood swings at the worst possible times and cause problems with relationships and so on. I do become stable, but something might cause an imbalance in me that might be insignificant to someone else and therefore cause all sorts of shit for me. I know how to control the moods, but the behaviours depending on the situation are a different story.

Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You're honestly not going to find the responses you're looking for in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Moved from AH to PI then PI to LTI.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

6th wrote: »
    Moved from AH to PI then PI to LTI.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MadnaM

Hi Djhunter, I'm afraid that I don't know how to answer your question, but I'm interested in what methods you're employing to manage the problem? I assuming your on meds for instance?

Thanks and best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭PIOP

Hi,

I have been diagnosed as bipolar myself, so I understand you when you say that seemingly little things can really knock you down.

I struggled with it all for years, and it did have a detrimental effect on my life, my relationships, my friendships, etc. About a year ago, I started taking medication, and then shortly after, started attending CBT.

I found the meds helped to stabilise me and then the CBT helped me to deal with some of my trigger issues - the things that would often cause me to spiral out of control. It gave me different techniques to use to cope with my mood swings, and the resulting anxiety issues that I have.

Would you consider medication and/or therapy of some sort?

• Advertisement
Advertisement