Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy a shed

• 07-04-2010 12:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a shed to fit a threadmill into it.

where would the best place to buy a shed. or has anyone got any good links where i can see the sheds?

low cost is obviously preferable.

or any other suggestions always welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Argos have a wide range of sheds of various types -- see on http://www.argos.ie

Not sure how they compare in price with other suppliers though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭joewicklow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

funshog sheds up near ardee are quite good. got my sheds there and know a few ppl who got there sheds there and have had no problems. they are a bit far up but only about 30 min drive from lusk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

O'Briens in Galway, if you're over this side. They delivered to me in Sligo

http://www.obrientimberproducts.com/about.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,619 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Swan Garden Sheds in Ardfinnan, Tipperary. 10 years since I got a shed from them. At my request they insulated the under floor for me (put a double floor in) and installed doubleglazed door and window - which cost about the same as the shed. I drylined and insulated it myself. It has had a computer set up in there for 9 or 10 years, and it still starts up no problem on the odd occasion I use it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

http://www.gardensheds.ie/
    My partner and I own an apartment and space can be tight but once we dealt with Kelly's (above link) this was sorted and found them VERY friendly indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭hop2it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

joewicklow wrote: »

I'm getting one of these next week.

OP, if you're looking at low cost, then a wooden shed is not for you. The floor is not strong enough to take the constant pounding of the treadmill.

You'll need something with a stronger floor. The Clane sheds have a steel subframe with I think 30mm think plywood floor. Very little movement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

ART6 wrote: »
    Argos have a wide range of sheds of various types -- see on http://www.argos.ie

Not sure how they compare in price with other suppliers though.

Argos sheds(metal ones) are utter rubbish.

They take forever to put together and dont fit well,oh and they leak,even though the purpose of a shed is to keep out water and keep stuff dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I'm getting one of these next week.

OP, if you're looking at low cost, then a wooden shed is not for you. The floor is not strong enough to take the constant pounding of the treadmill.

You'll need something with a stronger floor. The Clane sheds have a steel subframe with I think 30mm think plywood floor. Very little movement

well i was thinkin of actually constructiong a concrete floor then fixing batons to the floor then fixing a wooden shed to that, without the floor supplied by the shed company of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Martron - Take a spin up to Jones's garden center (Donabate turn-off at the Lissenhall junction).

You could also take a look at www.abwood.ie for styles & prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i actually forgot about that place. cheers hill billy.

Advertisement