Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My favourite

Options
  • 07-04-2010 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

What's your favorate anime?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Favouritest anime of all time!?

Gotta be Crest of the Stars :P

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Burkie.EXE

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. But Clannad is a close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Gentlemanne

Kaiji

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Code geass with clannad a close 2nd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jeniferdesauza

I would rather read manga than watch anime, to tell you the truth. Most of the times anime comes from manga, and as they say, the book is always better than the movie!!!
    My fave manga of all time is Vampire Knight.Here are five reasons why you should read it:
    1.) The guys are hot.
    2.) The storyline is fast paced and it keeps you going. I was sucked in after the first page!!!
    3.) The drawings/illustrations are beautiful!!!
    4.) The characters seem so real... it's like they are a real person!!!
    5.) There are tons and tons of volumes, so after you finish one, you have 40 something to go. I don't like it when mangas have only 6 volumes and there is so much more that could happen!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shambam

torn between monster and death note.

And the mangas are not better than the anime, there is no such rule, and besides its irrelevent; the anime is merely a film-makers interpretation of the look, feel and plot of a manga but since it is a film its has about 2 hours to get it done in, so it can't match the original manga for scope, only for essence.

And the idea of shunning an animated version of a comic in favour of the comic itself seems really alien to me (enjoy both! one doesnt cancel out the other)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JashimChando

I don't watch too many mystery shows. Not a genre I'm that into. Of the ones I've seen though, I'll recommend those that stood out to me.

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
    SUMMARY
    The always-hungry Yako Katsuragi is a super famous high school-aged detective who cracks the hardest of cases with ease – at least, that’s what the general populace thinks! Behind the scenes, Yako is helped by Neuro – a maniacal being from the demon world who is looking for new mysteries to devour. Alongside local detectives and a helpful sidekick, Yako and Neuro will solve the unique and the bizarre cases that plague the city; but will Yako ever discover the truth behind her father’s supposed "suicide"?
    I LIKED the intelligent heroine. She was a little more substantial than a lot of female leads.
    I DISLIKED how the intelligent heroine is basically the demon's tool. I haven't finished watching, but so far, she hasn't really done anything that smart on her own.

Box of Goblins (Mouryou no Hako)
    The story follows a series of bizzare murders of schoolgirls who have been dismembered and stuffed into boxes. The private investigator hired by a missing daughters mother joins forces with an antique book seller and others to unravel the murder spree.
    I LIKED how unbelievably creepy some of images/scenes were.
    I DISLIKED how there were so many characters and how there doesn't seem to be a clearly designated main character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

This is the weirdest spam ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Totoro_

Death note xD excellent!!!!

i have literally just finished watching a grerat anime movie rom madhouse 'Summer Wars', best film ive seen this year.

And it aint spam if theres real weirdos behind the words

• Advertisement

I have that in my to watch queue, what's it ilke, shambam?

gearoid, i can only say you will be impressed. Great blending of vividly colourful fantasy interspliced with romance and family bits that would make hayao miyazaki proud (goro miyazaki would probably go punch a wall!)

Watch it, don't read up on it, you want to be surprised

Sounds like fun! Thanks :)
    Is actually going to watch Spice and wolf 2 1st[/b]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Miguele1

my fav. : one piece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Antrim Hotels

Dragonball Z

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jasonnjon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Dragon Ball

Dr Slump

Toriyama ftw :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its a toss up between devil man and fist of the north star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rigarudo

Ha! Devilman is an absolute classic. It sure takes me back. Recently I watched the Anime series Claymore. I love everything about it, from the characters to the mood to the music. Bloody and violent, highly recommended. I'm also halfway through the series Death Note. It's very smart and quick paced. You'll have watched 4 or 5 eps back to back before you know what's going on

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jdosull101093

One Piece, gotta be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Ha! Devilman is an absolute classic. It sure takes me back. Recently I watched the Anime series Claymore. I love everything about it, from the characters to the mood to the music. Bloody and violent, highly recommended. I'm also halfway through the series Death Note. It's very smart and quick paced. You'll have watched 4 or 5 eps back to back before you know what's going on

I really like Devilman too. I remember watching the three movies on the Sci-Fi Channel back when I was 17. I only found out recently that it was a TV series in the 70s and 80s then the movies came later. I would like to check out Claymore as I read alot of good things on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

In no particular order

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
    Ghost in the shell
    Great Teacher Onizuka
    Outlaw Star

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

gurren lagann. 27 episodes of pure genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Black Lagoon is by far my top favourite, but far too many others to list here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I really like Devilman too. I remember watching the three movies on the Sci-Fi Channel back when I was 17. I only found out recently that it was a TV series in the 70s and 80s then the movies came later. I would like to check out Claymore as I read alot of good things on it.

3 movies,I thought there was only two episodes no ?

anyway the slayers is up there too with my favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Stein's;Gate =D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Suil Eile

Clannad was excellent and I have to admit that I cried at the last few episodes. It would be my favourite if not for the very ending. So close to perfection that I can't understand why they did that :/

Monster is another great anime but ill dock it the final place because it was a little longer than it needed to be, there were a few episodes in the middle where there wasn't much happening. Apart from that, it was a pretty epic story with a satisfying ending.

So I have to say my favourite is Death Note. Great psychological twists and nearly always captivated.

baccano as well

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Rendeva

In no order,

Baccano!
    Serial Experiments Lain
    Cowboy Bebop
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Shinato

Favorite of all time = FMA Brotherhood. It actually left me numb for two days afterwards

Favorite at the moment = Fairy Tail. Despite the filler at the moment, it's still pretty good :) So is Sword Art Online.

Advertisement